Album survivor - Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian Finals

Which song left on Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian are the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vilden

From the holy kingdom of Harmonia
Aug 7, 2002
Stockholm, Sverige
Sorry for the delay, have been pretty busy with life, but now it's time for the finals!

Results from round 3:

1. The Sorceress 4 vote(s) 40.0%
  2. Fata Morgana 4 vote(s) 40.0%
  3. Guardian 3 vote(s) 30.0%
  4. Exodus 8 vote(s) 80.0%
Exodus is eliminated!

With The Sorceress and Fata Morgana tied for second place it becomes a three way final!

So this time, vote for only one song and the song you think is the best of the ones left! The winner will be the final winner of the survivor game. Three days as usual!

:)

I'm suprised to see that The Sorceress is still in the game, thought it would be between Fata Morgana and Guardian.

anyone who thinks 'guardian' is the "easy" choice is severely underestimating 'fata morgana' IMO, close to being THE ideal mixture of ambition and elegance in trad metal and one of the greatest songs ever. there's no beating 'guardian' though. 'the sorceress' never reaches the same emotional heights as those two but it's really superb for 3+ minutes, the kinda lame section at 3:20 stops it in its tracks for me though, kills any chance it had of even coming close. i'd rank it fourth or fifth on the album overall.

I thought the part at 3:20 was going to be the generic Children of the Grave-kinda bit, which is in part why The Sorceress was my least favorite on the album for a while, but that part is one of the highlights for me. Heavy shit and I especially love the drumming on it, the way it builds up tension again before the solos.

Fata Morgana is still a very good song, but I put the first three all roughly on par with each other.

"Guardian" is the best song on the album. Interestingly, the live versions of "Fata Morgana" that I have heard have always been performed better than "Guardian".

Went with Guardian, the song that made me fall in love with FW (I heard TSW first, but it didn't click with me for a long time). Fata Morgana is close though, I agree with no country about it being a good mixture of elegance and ambition, and the lyrics actually make complete sense to me. Guardian makes about 90% sense, I still have no fucking idea who or what "the sovereign servitor" is.

The Sorceress is cool but not even in the running for me. Surprised it made it this far.
My complete ranking would be something like;
Guardian > Fata Morgana > Exodus > Giant's Lore > Prelude to Ruin > The Sorceress > Valley of the Dolls