Album survivor - Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian Round 2

Which two songs left on Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian are the weakest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vilden

From the holy kingdom of Harmonia
Aug 7, 2002
Stockholm, Sverige
Time for the second round!

Final standings from round one:

1. The Sorceress 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  2. Valley of the Dolls 5 vote(s) 38.5%
  3. Fata Morgana 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  4. Guardian 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  5. Prelude to Ruin 1 vote(s) 7.7%
  6. *Giant's Lore (Heart of Winter) 7 vote(s) 53.8%
  7. *Time Long Past 12 vote(s) 92.3%
  8. Exodus 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Time Long Past and Giant's Lore is out of the game (sorry HBB :( ).

For the second round, vote for the two weakest songs remaining. There's no "freebie" interlude this time which should makes things more interesting.

Again, polls closes in 3 days.

:)

Exodus and Fata Morgana, but the first three are all of roughly similar quality to me. Guardian is the only other song on the album that gets close to Giant's Lore.

i was actually regretting not voting 'prelude to ruin' last round, so this is a fairly simple round for me.

in case it wasn't obvious i should stress that i love even these songs more than 99% of other music.

So I went with Valley of the Dolls and Prelude to Ruin, efter listening again Prelude could probably be The Sorceress instead but I went with my first gut feeling.

Not comfortable with so many voting Exodus already, It works so well as album closer wrapping the album up. :) I'm not sure about the first part being the best talk either. It may aswell be true (and probably is) but I've never thought about the album in those terms and I don't think it drops enough in quality to really warrant that kind of distinction.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
BTW should I continue with two songs/round until the finals or should a go for one song/round after this, or is it too tedious?

Everyone is basically picking arbirtarily anyways, seems like 95% of those who are participating don't think any song outside of the instrumental isn't that solid.

Everyone is basically picking arbirtarily anyways, seems like 95% of those who are participating don't think any song outside of the instrumental isn't that solid.

i never pick arbitrarily, a few are pretty close calls though.

i don't mind if it's one or two songs next, maybe keep it at two so it doesn't get stale.

Easy picks here.

I have a definite favorite song from this album, probably because it was the first Fates Warning song that I heard. I'll leave it a surprise for now.

Reactions: CiG