FATES WARNING: 'FWX' Track Listing Revealed - July 29, 2004

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
Metal Blade Records has released the complete track listing for the upcoming FATES WARNING album, "FWX", due on October 5. The follow-up to 2000's "Disconnected" was recorded at Carriage House studios in Stamford, Connecticut.

Commented singer Ray Alder: "We went into this record being as creative as possible, and we worked really hard. We were facing some big changes that made the writing and recording a long, arduous process. The result is a record that is a lot heavier than past records. It's also more technical than any other record we've done."

"FWX" track listing:

01. Left Here
02. Simple Human
03. River Wide Ocean Deep
04. Another Perfect Day
05. Heal Me
06. Sequence # 7
07. Crawl
08. A Handful Of Doubt
09. Stranger (With A Familiar Face)
10. Wish

I really like the album titles... especially "River Wide Ocean Deep"... which for some reason I think will sound similar to "Island in the Stream"... I just imagine it being very lush.

I like the idea of heavy and technical... but I also hope they expand on the electronica and new age influences prevelant on "Disconnected".

Platinum Maze said:
I can't wait to hear this. It's also good to see there's more than 5 actual songs (Disconnected). Zonder's one of the best.
Yes, but those five songs were completely awesome.

I am much looking forward to a great new Fates Warning album. I just don't like the title. FWX? Would be much cooler if they just did a s/t.

Soul of Ice said:
Yes, but those five songs were completely awesome.

I agree with that...but the seven or so minutes of Disconnected Pt 2 could have used better. That was all I meant. These guys have yet to disappoint me.

Here is the cover art by Ionnas. I love it.

fateswarningx.jpg