Fates Warning tour and VIP packages...

TwizstedJesus

Mar 1, 2004
Does anybody have any inside information on the tour? I see that Fates is re-issuing Pleasant Shade of Grey in a 4 cd box and was kinda wondering if they are going to play the entire cd on tour at select dates, since the box set is part of the VIP package being offered. That would be fucking awesome!

Does anybody have any inside information on the tour? I see that Fates is re-issuing Pleasant Shade of Grey in a 4 cd box and was kinda wondering if they are going to play the entire cd on tour at select dates, since the box set is part of the VIP package being offered. That would be fucking awesome!

4 CD set? Say what?

Holy crap! I can't wait to get my hands on it. Absolutely no news about it. I swear they are the absolute worst band at marketing themself.

Dayton , OH. Oh yeah. VIP package will be purchased, pics taken. I've only seen them on the APSOG tour and was blown away. That's my second alltime favorite album so a box set with extras is just ridiculous. I'm buy tix when I get home tonight.

You're killing me Milt. I was hoping for a badass opener, guess you have the plan for that! Please announce when you can. With my wife's health I never get to go out but this one is unmissable.

You're killing me Milt. I was hoping for a badass opener, guess you have the plan for that! Please announce when you can. With my wife's health I never get to go out but this one is unmissable.

Mwahaha... I should be able to announce it within the week. :)

I may have to split the tour between two openers, but we'll see...

Been wondering the same thing. They already toured on the last album the area I'm in last year, so seems unlikely this tour is based on that. APSOG anniversary tour makes sense, would be nice if the band gave some info though for sure.

Logan5,

I'm pretty sure that they're just doing another tour in support of "Darkness in a Different Light." They may be reissuing "A Pleasant Shade of Gray," but this year is not a proper anniversary year for its original release. It would make more sense to do a tour like that in 2017, as that would be the album's 20th anniversary. That said, they have more than enough material to play a completely different set from what they played on their previous tour.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

They are playing 2 shows in SoCal - one is at the Whiskey on the Strip. The other is at a strange little place called The Tiki Room in Orange County (5 minutes from me!!) I'll be at that one......any other California folks going??

Logan5,

I'm pretty sure that they're just doing another tour in support of "Darkness in a Different Light." They may be reissuing "A Pleasant Shade of Gray," but this year is not a proper anniversary year for its original release. It would make more sense to do a tour like that in 2017, as that would be the album's 20th anniversary. That said, they have more than enough material to play a completely different set from what they played on their previous tour.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

But back in 2010 when parallels was re-issued they played a bunch of shows in support of it. And that was a 14 year anniversary of that albums release

That's a good point, MelbCro, and I certainly hadn't forgotten about that. However, the "Parallels" shows were billed as such. I would think that if Fates Warning were going to play "A Pleasant Shade of Gray" in its entirety, they would have advertised that as soon as the tour was announced. Granted, they could play select parts of the suite, but to focus on playing, say, half of the album's sections in a random sequence doesn't make much sense to me. Regardless of what they play, though, I'll certainly be at the Chicago show.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

That's a good point, MelbCro, and I certainly hadn't forgotten about that. However, the "Parallels" shows were billed as such.

Has Fates Warning ever promoted anything correctly? Christ, I remember seeing them in Pittsburgh after I found out 5 hours before the show that they were playing. Drove 2 1/2 hours to see them, and I was part of an audience of about 25 people! The "Inside Out" tour was a disaster.

How many people don't even realize that they're touring in the fall? As it gets closer we'll see what happens, but the VIP thing alongside the 4 cd re-issue leads me to believe that there will be some sort of celebration of APSOG.

LEGENDARY ALBUM ARTIST IOANNIS PRESENTS NEW FATES WARNING LIMITED EDITION SET

Highly respected album cover artist Ioannis (Deep Purple, Sepultura, Uriah Heep, Yngwie Malmsteen, Dream Theater, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Biohazard, Styx,) checks in from his studio:

"Hello to all my Fates Warning friends and supporters, I am happy to announce that I will be redesigning the new expanded limited edition package of A Pleasant Shade Of Gray to be released in the fall, it will feature a lot of extra music by the band, and also a number of never before seen images. It was a joy to reconnect with this project after so many years, to listen to the music again and have a chance to develop the themes more properly this time around. I promise you a lot of surprises and some great work. I have also completed a very limited edition portfolio along with other special items that you may purchase at this link."