Fav Old School Bands..

Ok, besides all those listed, how can you forget these (sorry if I missed them somewhere along the line)

VOIVOD - Dimension Hatross was WAY beyond its time!
CARNIVORE

no one mentioned Warning? great french band and way ahead of their time with Warning II in '82.
also Satan Jokers
Sortilege
Demon Eyes
Brocas Helm
Tank
Budgie
Warlord
Black ALice
Helloween (Kai Hansen Era)
Demon
Angel Witch
Witchfynde
A II Z
Witchfinder General
Heavy Load
Overdrive
Magnum
Nightmare
Picture
Bodine
Oz
Satan
Savatage
Tysondog

I saw a couple of bands listed by you guys that I thought would be forgot. Nuclear Assault, Forbidden, Vio-lence, and many others glad to see some one went farther than just saying old (metal*)lica.

Originally posted by ashes of autumn
no one mentioned Warning? great french band and way ahead of their time with Warning II in '82.
also Satan Jokers
Sortilege
Demon Eyes
Brocas Helm
Tank
Budgie
Warlord
Black ALice
Helloween (Kai Hansen Era)
Demon
Angel Witch
Witchfynde
A II Z
Witchfinder General
Heavy Load
Overdrive
Magnum
Nightmare
Picture
Bodine
Oz
Satan
Savatage
Tysondog

You mentioned Black Alice and Picture. I thought I was the only person on earth left who has heard of these bands. Whatever happened to them??????

Originally posted by nosferatu
I know it's been bagged as a bad Accept album but I'm listening to "Russian Roulette" at the moment and although it's not Accept's best it ain't bad after a couple of listens.

Accept was great until Balls to the Wall. Russian Roulette was the next one right ? I don´t like that one too much.
Cheers

Originally posted by Cold Gin

Accept was great until Balls to the Wall. Russian Roulette was the next one right ? I don´t like that one too much.
Cheers

Maybe you should give Russian Roulette a few more listens. It'll grow on you. I love all their albums especially Death Row, Predator (dig "Run through the night". Sounds cool adding some effects like flange or chorus) and of course Restless and Wild. I think (and it is only my opinion), they made it difficult for themselves by releasing such a kiler as Restless and Wild so early on. I think a lot of people probably expected all follow up albums to be of the same raw heaviness and quality. Having said that, Restless and Wild put them on the map.

Originally posted by nosferatu

Maybe you should give Russian Roulette a few more listens. It'll grow on you. I love all their albums especially Death Row, Predator (dig "Run through the night". Sounds cool adding some effects like flange or chorus) and of course Restless and Wild. I think (and it is only my opinion), they made it difficult for themselves by releasing such a kiler as Restless and Wild so early on. I think a lot of people probably expected all follow up albums to be of the same raw heaviness and quality. Having said that, Restless and Wild put them on the map.

Agreed, Restless and Wild is real killer, so is Metal Heart. Balls to the wall is (I find) a bit different but still good.
Cheers