Fav Shredders

I can't believe I'm the first to say his name: Jeff Loomis! I was never fond of Nevermore but his solo album kicks ass, check out Miles of Machines.
Jani Liimatainen

There are other guitarists that shred but wouldn't get on this list due to me not classing them as shredders lol: Alexi Laiho, Antti Kokko

That's just what comes to me off the top of my head.

Roope Latvala (Children of Bodom, Stone) Better guitarist than Laiho IMO.
Muhammed Suiçmez (Necrophagist) Best guitarist/singer in the world IMO.
Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom) Not as good as Roope, but he can also sing.
Michael Amott (Arch Enemy) Has some very nice solos though I don't even like Arch Enemy.
Michael Paget (Bullet for my Valentine) They do write shitty music, but Padge is a kickass player.
Alex Skolnick (Testament) IMO has best thrash metal solos ever.
Karl Sanders (Nile) Doesn't compose epic solos, but writes very technical music and sings too.
Chuck Schuldiner (Death) The father of death metal, do I need to say more?

TMNT1987_Shredder.png

Make way for shredder!!!
lc78837d6c1dc197de21da5.jpg

petri lindroos
alexi laiho ( god)
alexander kuoppala
roope latvala
jari maenpaa
skyfire crew
yngwie malsteen
charles hedger
negral
steph gildea
markus toivonen
Michal Kostrzynski
(and other underground shredder :headbang:)

( underground fucking band : mordium , symbol of obscurity , dead of night , mendeed , solerrain ( similar to cob ) , serpent , system shok ...:kickass:)

Brent and Bill from Mastodon. Not in speed, there are millions who OMG ZOOM BILLION NOTES shred better than them, but their style is fucking awesome.

There is only ONE answer to this.

And it goes like this:
Jari Maenpaa > All

I don't get it? You made the word PUNK bold. Do you mean Blink-182 aren't punk or because they are punk they don't fit into the category "shredders"

they are some pop rock band with fast songs.
Neither music nor lyrics are ''punk''.

No one has listed anyone good yet.....

shawn lane (undisputed best guitarist in the world that has ever lived, if you think otherwise please tell me)
guthrie govan
kiko loureiro
frank gambale
greg howe
stanley jordan
allan holsdworth
michael romeo
jason becker

eh theres a lot

The posts in this thread are shit... Like.. Really shit. In fact, who the fuck are these people?

Wtf are you talking about Michael Romeo is fucking incredible live. I have seen that fat fuck down a bottle of JD and STILL fucking nail every note. And I've seen them 4 times, in small, big and festival venues. Always consistent quality. That whole band is tight.

yeah chairman, what the fuck? i've only seen them once but he was fucking top knotch, one of my favorite live bands. they played fucking faster live and he still hit every note....the whole band is great like joe said. i'd say that russ is the one that needs to work a bit live

I really can't agree with that. He always changes up his solos.

Okay in this song, Michael Romeo only does the first part of the solo section the same, the rest is just whatever. The last part of the solo where he plays along with Pinella is changed up to be easier rather than the more difficult original section. I also hate his tone in this one.

Almost the same but he kind of does improvisation with some extra notes to change up the note patterns. The original note patterns in the original solo are pretty hard to begin with.

I really was disappointed with this one. The original solo is quite difficult, but I guess I don't blame him for doing improvisation instead on the difficult parts. The arpeggio part isn't the hardest part to play, imo.

The intro was fumbled a bit on this one.

Those are just a few examples.

Last edited by a moderator: