Fave 80's THRASH outside the big 4 !!!!

#1_Droogie said:
Is that album out yet????:hotjump:

Yes and no :lol: Is not oficially out but a copy leaked and I was able to review it some days ago in here.

The European version will be available on March 20th.

thrash zone said:
anyone who knows the existance of pentagram's debut is allright in my thrash books...hail turkish cult.
about the best thrash outside the big 4 SISSY (MINUS SLAYER UPTO 1990),well let me say that it is the big 4's fault thrash died in the first place,as people were too interested in them than to go and support under-rated talents as:

ACROPHET : CORRUPT MINDS (NOW THIS IS WHAT I CALL THRASH) :hotjump:
PROTECTOR : GOLEM:headbang:
MESSIAH : EXTREME COLD WEATHER :worship:
HOLY TERROR : MIND WARS :headbang:
EXHORDER : SLAUGHTER IN THE VATICAN :worship:
SEVENTH ANGEL : LAMENT TO THE WEARY ( I DON'T CARE IF THEY ARE CHRISTIAN,THEY THRASH HARDER THAN MANY SECULAR SHIT ) :worship:
CORONER : PUNISHMENT FOR DECADENCE :worship:
DEVASTATION : IDOLATRY :headbang:
INCUBUS : SERPENT TEMPTATION

AND 1000 MORE,THE LIST WOULD BE ENDLESS.
THRASH TIL DEATH :headbang:

RIGHT ON :headbang: :headbang: !!! thats the best post on this thread !!

Acrophet rule !!!
you know the 1st pentagram album too ??????:worship: :worship: hail the Turkish cult indeed !! its the most amazing thrash - vicious vicious vicious !!!
i feel like throwing people into brick walls when i listen to that album :D

:headbang: PENTAGRAM'S DEBUT IS SIMPLY ONE OF THE BEST,AND I AM PROUD TO BE A PERSONAL FRIEND OF THE BAND SINCE AGES.
GREAT PHOTOS OF POISON IDEA BRO...I KNOW THEY ARE HARDCORE BUT THEY THRASH HARDER THAN ANY OTHER BAND IN METAL.
SINCE YOU ARE BRITISH I HAIL: SABBAT,ANNIHILATED,ACID REIGN,LAWNMOWER DETH,SEVENTH ANGEL (PURE THRASH CULT,BAR NONE,THE LAMENT TO THE WEARY IS ONE OF THE BEST THRASH LPS EVER)..
ALSO WARFARE,AND THE GODS: DEATHWISH"DEMON PREACHER"
SEND ME AN E-MAIL TO: THRASH-ZONE@HOTMAIL.COM
IN CASE YOU WANT TO TRADE:

THRASH TIL DEATH :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
Overkill - The Years of Decay
Sepultura - Schizophrenia
Sepultura - Beneath The Remains
Sepultura - Arise

Virus - Testify to me
Nuclear Assault - Game Over

Its strange how some of the then very popular bands like Testament, Exodus, Kreator, and Nuclear Assault never quite managed to break into the big 4 or even create a big 5 or 6. You kinda felt a little for these bands like what do they have to do to achieve the grand heights of Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer.

crystal dawn

:headbang:

Vio-lence - Eternal Nightmare (That which Thrash should be judged by. The insanity, the speed, the guitar tone, the lyrics, the gang vocals, the leads, the RIFF AFTER RIFF AFTER BY-GAWD RIFF!!)
Sepultura - Schizophrenia
Toxik - Think This
Atheist - Unquestionable Pressence (They were Jazz-Death, but had enough Thrashy goodness to warrent this mention)
Holy Terror - Mind Wars
Agent Steel - Unstoppable Force (Speed Metal, but damn if this isn't one of the Thrashiest Speed Metal albums out there)
Sodom - Tapping The Vein
Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal (Best. lyrics. ever.)
Overkill - The Years of Decay
Exodus - Fabulous Disaster
Aftermath - Eyes of Tomorrow
Death Angel - The Ultra-Violence
Laaz Rockit - Know Your Enemy
Nuclear Assault - Survive (This is New Yorks answer to 'Reign In Blood')
Exumer - Possessed By Fire
Atrophy - Socialized Hate

This could go on forever

thrash zone said:
:headbang: PENTAGRAM'S DEBUT IS SIMPLY ONE OF THE BEST,AND I AM PROUD TO BE A PERSONAL FRIEND OF THE BAND SINCE AGES.
GREAT PHOTOS OF POISON IDEA BRO...I KNOW THEY ARE HARDCORE BUT THEY THRASH HARDER THAN ANY OTHER BAND IN METAL.
SINCE YOU ARE BRITISH I HAIL: SABBAT,ANNIHILATED,ACID REIGN,LAWNMOWER DETH,SEVENTH ANGEL (PURE THRASH CULT,BAR NONE,THE LAMENT TO THE WEARY IS ONE OF THE BEST THRASH LPS EVER)..
ALSO WARFARE,AND THE GODS: DEATHWISH"DEMON PREACHER"
SEND ME AN E-MAIL TO: THRASH-ZONE@HOTMAIL.COM
IN CASE YOU WANT TO TRADE:

THRASH TIL DEATH :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

hey there, sorry for the late reply, i was away on holiday !!
how do you know Pentagram ?? are you Turkish ?

hey im glad you feel that way about Poison idea - probably my most favourite band ever !! saw them live for the last time last year !! got covered in blood and alcohol !! HAHAHAHA they rock harder than anyone one else in my book !!

i'll try and get a list togethor.. what stuff do you wanna trade - im into olds skool thrash, hardcore, grind, power violence etc etc.. !!

peace.

POISON IDEA was a great band,as for myself i've always respected extreme hardcore/crossover,i mean CRYPTIC SLAGHTER is as extreme as anything :kickass:
i am originally turkish but i live in JORDAN,about PENTAGRAM,their bassist TARKAN is a friend of mine and 5 years ago he visited me for a week:kickass:
did you know that they played in ISTANBUL back in 1992 with PROTECTOR at a festival.:worship: :worship:
as for myself i saw them live twice:headbang: :r and they always kicked ass.and although they are not THRASH anymore but their music is still GREAT metal music.
by the way,my fav.song is ROTTEN DOGS & DIMENSIONS OF DEATH:headbang:
about trading THRASH CULTS,sure bro,just e-mail me whenever you are interested:Smokin:

I WORSHIP THE FOLLOWING THRASH LEGENDS:
PROTECTOR,MESSIAH,EXHORDER,BLESSED DEATH,POISON(GER),VIOLENT FORCE,KREATOR(SAW THEM 3 TIMES:kickass: ),DESTRUCTION(SAW THEM TWICE:kickass:,ASSASSIN,FLOTSAM AND JETSAM,SABBAT,NUCLEAR ASSAULT,NECRODEATH:worship: ,SCHIZO:worship: ,BULLDOZER:worship: DARK ANGEL:kickass: ,WHIPLASH,RAZOR:kickass: ....ETC....

ETERNAL HAILS TO OLD SCHOOL THRASH HEADS WHO ARE OVER 33 :kickass:

my list of bands I grew up with other than the big 4....

ANVIL, DESTRUCTION, EXCITER, WARLOCK, BITCH, AGENT STEEL, DARK ANGEL, DEATRH ANGEL, TESTAMENT, EPIDEMIC, SAXON, MOTOTRHEAD, RIOT, KREATOR, DEATH, OBITUARY, EXODUS...there are others but can't remember them all. *lol*
I got my choices from reading that old METAL FORCES mag.*RIP*

Glad you feel that way.. i think there are a lot of people on Ultimate Metal that arent too clued up about what hardcore / crossover really is and where it comes from - another great old one was GANG GREEN if you remember them.. CARNIVORE was great too - ADRENALIN O.D, WEHRMACHT etc etc...

hey good to hear you are originally Turkish I am half Turkish and half British, born in Istanbul but moved to London when i was 2 years old !! but i try and go back every year to istanbul..what a great city for music !!!! especially metal.

I remember buying my first hardcore / thrash LP at the Pentagram shop in Akmar pasaj in Istanbul from the guitarist Hakan - He sold me THE ACCUSED - "more fun than an open casket funeral LP" !! back in 1989 / 90 what a classic.

there were some other istanbul bands that were around the same time as Pentagram do you remember ?? -

MORIBUND YOUTH
NECROSIS
TURMOIL
ASK IT WHY
RADICAL NOISE
SPINNERS

will email you soon !!

thrash zone said:
POISON IDEA was a great band,as for myself i've always respected extreme hardcore/crossover,i mean CRYPTIC SLAGHTER is as extreme as anything :kickass:
i am originally turkish but i live in JORDAN,about PENTAGRAM,their bassist TARKAN is a friend of mine and 5 years ago he visited me for a week:kickass:
did you know that they played in ISTANBUL back in 1992 with PROTECTOR at a festival.:worship: :worship:
as for myself i saw them live twice:headbang: :r and they always kicked ass.and although they are not THRASH anymore but their music is still GREAT metal music.
by the way,my fav.song is ROTTEN DOGS & DIMENSIONS OF DEATH:headbang:
about trading THRASH CULTS,sure bro,just e-mail me whenever you are interested:Smokin:

I WORSHIP THE FOLLOWING THRASH LEGENDS:
PROTECTOR,MESSIAH,EXHORDER,BLESSED DEATH,POISON(GER),VIOLENT FORCE,KREATOR(SAW THEM 3 TIMES:kickass: ),DESTRUCTION(SAW THEM TWICE:kickass:,ASSASSIN,FLOTSAM AND JETSAM,SABBAT,NUCLEAR ASSAULT,NECRODEATH:worship: ,SCHIZO:worship: ,BULLDOZER:worship: DARK ANGEL:kickass: ,WHIPLASH,RAZOR:kickass: ....ETC....

ETERNAL HAILS TO OLD SCHOOL THRASH HEADS WHO ARE OVER 33 :kickass:

LOS MAGANDOS said:
Glad you feel that way.. i think there are a lot of people on Ultimate Metal that arent too clued up about what hardcore / crossover really is and where it comes from - another great old one was GANG GREEN if you remember them.. CARNIVORE was great too -

Don't know what people define exactly as hardcore/crossover today. Years ago hardcore was S.O.D. or D.R.I. and crossover was Suicidal Tendencies.

As for Carnivore I just got into them and they are a mix of doom, thrash and proto-death IMO, and frankly I like it. Gonna buy their albums in my next haul most probably.

NP: Amorphis - 'Divinity'