Fave 80's THRASH outside the big 4 !!!!

Wyvern said:
Don't know what people define exactly as hardcore/crossover today. Years ago hardcore was S.O.D. or D.R.I. and crossover was Suicidal Tendencies.

As for Carnivore I just got into them and they are a mix of doom, thrash and proto-death IMO, and frankly I like it. Gonna buy their albums in my next haul most probably.

NP: Amorphis - 'Divinity'

really ?? i always felt CARNIVORE had all the right elements of hardcore and thrash to be a crossover band.... but i can see the whole Doom comparison with their slower passages.

DRI yes of course
SOD - was always a considered a joke in hardcore circles....members of Anthrax pretending to do hardcore...i remember when Jerry A of Poison Idea called them Strap On Dildos.....it was still an enjoyable band though.

LOS MAGANDOS said:
really ?? i always felt CARNIVORE had all the right elements of hardcore and thrash to be a crossover band.... but i can see the whole Doom comparison with their slower passages.

To my years they are crossover in the sense they mixed many elements. I heard several doom type passages, the vocals are thrash/death, etc.

As for SOD I love those guys, to me joke or not is what hardcore really should be, maybe because I don't like hardcore (or any other core thingie).

Dodens Grav said:
Artillery - Terror Squad
Artillery - By Inheritance
Sabbat (UK) - History Of A Time To Come
Sabbat (UK) - Dreamweaver
Sabbat (Jap) - Karisma
Sabbat (Jap) - Satanasword
Sabbat (Jap) - Karmagmassacre
Holy Terror - Mind Wars
Holy Terror - Terror And Submission
Heathen - Breaking The Silence
Heathen - Victims Of Deception
Exumer - Possessed By Fire
Laaz Rockit - Annihilation Principle
Onslaught - The Force
Vio-Lence - Eternal Nightmare
Coroner - Punishment For Decadence
Mekong Delta - Mekong Delta
Toxic Holocaust - Evil Never Dies
Sodom - In The Sign Of Evil
Sodom - Agent Orange
Alastor (Prt) - Infernal Lord
Whiplash - Power And Pain
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Sadus - Illusions
Sadus - Swallowed In Black
Sacrifice - Torment In Fire
Sacrifice - Forward To Termination
And a lot more...

Now that is a classic and obscure list of thrash metal! Everyone should attempt to find and buy all of these albums, there is not one stinker listed!

:headbang:

testament
exodus
dark angel
municipal waste
toxic holocaust
kreator
sodom
destruction
holy terror
hallows eve
mandator
deathrow
the accused
death angel
witches hammer
beowulf

:headbang: hail turkish brother:
indeed bro,i feel the same about the crossover scene,i mean bands like:THE ACCUSED,WEHRMACHT,CRYPTIC SLAUGHTER,LUDICHRIST,GANG GREEN(ANOTHER WASTED NIGHT IS PURE GENIUS)..hell i even have a D.R.I. TATTOO on my left arm (THRASH ZONE,check on dri's tattoo section)..the lsit would be endless.
CARNIVORE i like their stuff,although their lyrics were a bit disturbing(jesus hitler/race war) although peter had a sick sense of humour,his genius is evident in music...unfortunately TYPE O NEGATIVE suck big time:puke:

ISTANBUL is a great city indeed,but unfortunately the PENTAGRAM shop closed in 2002 still they moved to besiktas area.

the bands you mentioned were not bad,as PENTAGRAM will always be the gods of balkan thrash.but KRONIK HAD A GOOD DEBUT ALSO BACK IN THE DAY.
by the way did you like their second lp:TRAILBLAZER ??

indeed bro,i feel the same about the crossover scene,i mean bands like:THE ACCUSED,WEHRMACHT,CRYPTIC SLAUGHTER,LUDICHRIST,GANG GREEN(ANOTHER WASTED NIGHT IS PURE GENIUS)..hell i even have a D.R.I. TATTOO on my left arm (THRASH ZONE,check on dri's tattoo section)..the lsit would be endless.
CARNIVORE i like their stuff,although their lyrics were a bit disturbing(jesus hitler/race war) although peter had a sick sense of humour,his genius is evident in music...unfortunately TYPE O NEGATIVE suck big time:puke:

ISTANBUL is a great city indeed,but unfortunately the PENTAGRAM shop closed in 2002 still they moved to besiktas area.

the bands you mentioned were not bad,as PENTAGRAM will always be the gods of balkan thrash.by the way did you like their second lp:TRAILBLAZER ??

LOS MAGANDOS said:
Glad you feel that way.. i think there are a lot of people on Ultimate Metal that arent too clued up about what hardcore / crossover really is and where it comes from - another great old one was GANG GREEN if you remember them.. CARNIVORE was great too - ADRENALIN O.D, WEHRMACHT etc etc...

hey good to hear you are originally Turkish I am half Turkish and half British, born in Istanbul but moved to London when i was 2 years old !! but i try and go back every year to istanbul..what a great city for music !!!! especially metal.

I remember buying my first hardcore / thrash LP at the Pentagram shop in Akmar pasaj in Istanbul from the guitarist Hakan - He sold me THE ACCUSED - "more fun than an open casket funeral LP" !! back in 1989 / 90 what a classic.

there were some other istanbul bands that were around the same time as Pentagram do you remember ?? -

MORIBUND YOUTH
NECROSIS
TURMOIL
ASK IT WHY
RADICAL NOISE
SPINNERS

will email you soon !!

hail turkish brother:
CARNIVORE i like their stuff,although their lyrics were a bit disturbing(jesus hitler/race war) although peter had a sick sense of humour,his genius is evident in music...unfortunately TYPE O NEGATIVE suck big time

the bands you mentioned were not bad,as PENTAGRAM will always be the gods of balkan thrash.by the way did you like their second lp:TRAILBLAZER ??

SoundMaster said:
To my ears, the GREATEST thrash record ever - even better than Puppets or Reign in Blood - is Overkill's "Years of Decay". To this day, it still receives regular spins. :headbang: :worship:

Dang dude, you just made my day, that is a fucking killer album.

Forbidden Evil - Forbidden Evil
Tröjan – Chasing the storm (ok, this is more speed but well..)
KAT - Metal & Hell
Ulysses Siren - Above The Ashes (recommended)
Carnivore – Carnivore
Almafuerte - Mundo Guanaco
Heathen – Pray for Death EP + Breaking the Silence
Exciter – Violence & Force (speed?)
Nuclear Assault –Game Over + Survive
Exodus – Bonded By Blood (big 4 hm?)
Mysto Dysto – The Rules + No Aids (dutch killer stuff)
Possessed – Seven Churches + The Eyes EP
Atomkraft – Queen of Death
Overkill – Wrecking Your Neck Live
Tankard – Zombie Attack
Arakain – Schizofrenie
Testament – The Legacy
Korrozia Metalla - Russian vodka

those were my thrash faves

thrash zone said:

ahhh cool BRO:headbang: :kickass: you know your crossover !! DRI and Wehrmacht are a couple of my favourites !!

Yes i have trailblazer !!! its good but not as brilliant as the first album ! what was Kronik like ?? it sounds interesting !!???

yeah carnivore had real horrible lyrics.. and type O is a load of shit.
So what are you doing all over the way in Jordan ??

hey are you into any older hardcore stuff aswell ?? let me know if you need any new music??.. are you able to download stuff in Jordan? cant be too many metal shops there ???

speak soon.. keep in touch.

Has anyone mentioned Cryptic Slaughter, Discharge, Broken Bones, Batallion
Of Saints, Dayglow Abortions? BTW I dig your Poison Idea pics i used to dig them and The Angry
Samoans back in the day!

KMADD said:
Has anyone mentioned Cryptic Slaughter, Discharge, Broken Bones, Batallion
Of Saints, Dayglow Abortions? BTW I dig your Poison Idea pics i used to dig them and The Angry
Samoans back in the day!

AHHHH awesome post !!!:kickass:
dayglow abortions (Proud to be a Canadian hahaha !!!) and Batallion of saints !! what amazing bands !!!!..good choice.. i take it you like SSD (Society System Decontrol) and Negative Approach ?????....Brutal raw shit man...they dont make em like that anymore :)

glad to hear you dig the Poison Idea... they were and will always be the best...the only band to successfully mix punk, hardcore, metal and Rock n Roll into the most explosive and nihilistic music I have ever heard from a band !!!! especially in their later stages..... everyone should own: War all the Time, Feel the Darkness and Blank Blackout Vacant

cheers

Yeah i had the pleasure of seeing the Jeff Dahl Band (ex angry samoans) a couple of times here in Indpls along with The Battallion Of Saints, DRI (4 times!), Suicidal Tendencies (twice), and various other punk bands. Even
though now i am a bit more into listening to Black and Death metal today i will always be that crossover kid from the 80's and 90's!

Horcas from Argentina another great underrated thrash band.

Goddess Of Desire - 'Scream For Metal True'

LOS MAGANDOS said:
ahhh cool BRO:headbang: :kickass: you know your crossover !! DRI and Wehrmacht are a couple of my favourites !!

Yes i have trailblazer !!! its good but not as brilliant as the first album ! what was Kronik like ?? it sounds interesting !!???

yeah carnivore had real horrible lyrics.. and type O is a load of shit.
So what are you doing all over the way in Jordan ??

hey are you into any older hardcore stuff aswell ?? let me know if you need any new music??.. are you able to download stuff in Jordan? cant be too many metal shops there ???

speak soon.. keep in touch.

KRONIK had on old lp called:endless war back in 1991,it was not original,still it was a good german thrash influenced lp.i saw them live when they reformed 2 years ago,but unfortunately they sold out to be a bring metal band,what a shame.

the TRAILBLAZER lp was great bro,but i agree too that their debut was & still is the best turkish release,by the way are you familiar with their later stuff:
UNSPOKEN 2001-GOOD HEAVY METAL
BIR 2002-AMAZING TURKISH LYRICS MIXED WITH GOOD METAL FROM THE GODZ.

ofcourse i can download from jordan,actually it a modern country which is not that different than istanbul or ankara,except the women are not that beautiful,and it's s smaller city.METAL DOES NOT EXIST HERE :ill: only a few metalheads.
my grandfather immigrated to jordan back in the day,thats why i live in jordan,but i still long to my fatherland :worship: :worship:

keep in touch :kickass:

thrash zone said:

KRONIK had on old lp called:endless war back in 1991,it was not original,still it was a good german thrash influenced lp.i saw them live when they reformed 2 years ago,but unfortunately they sold out to be a bring metal band,what a shame.

the TRAILBLAZER lp was great bro,but i agree too that their debut was & still is the best turkish release,by the way are you familiar with their later stuff:
UNSPOKEN 2001-GOOD HEAVY METAL
BIR 2002-AMAZING TURKISH LYRICS MIXED WITH GOOD METAL FROM THE GODZ.

ofcourse i can download from jordan,actually it a modern country which is not that different than istanbul or ankara,except the women are not that beautiful,and it's s smaller city.METAL DOES NOT EXIST HERE :ill: only a few metalheads.
my grandfather immigrated to jordan back in the day,thats why i live in jordan,but i still long to my fatherland :worship: :worship:

keep in touch :kickass:

Trailblazer is good.. but it is more Testament.. and the first is more Kreator :kickass: !!!! ooooh yeah.. yeah i like their later stuff too Behind the Veil is a great song.. sounds like slow Iron Maiden.. and the "BIR" album is great too.

Hey, on the subject of Pentagram do you have any old Pentagram concert flyers / afis from the time of the 1st album that you could scan and email me??????.. im trying to find their old logo (The one on the 1st album) and any old Karikatur's of the band that "Aptullica" did at that time. I'td be great if you could !!!:worship:

I know Jordon is pretty modern...but some things must be more difficult :heh:
Man i love Turkish women especially Izmir girls:Smokin: ....mmmmmmmmmm.. you must really miss that shit !! I was in istanbul 1 month ago.. Testament was playing the Acik Hava Tiyatro !!! i missed it though !! hahaha

peace out !! keep in touch Turkish bro !!

Pentagram was in the effect of thrash metal's classical bands in their early years.But they created their characteristic sound in their third release ANATOLİA.Murat Ilkan is a great vocalist.The band grew up with his coming.They are the best Turkish band.And also Metalium is a Turkish death\thrash band and their suffer album is one of the best thrash albums that released in Turkey.
If we look at 80's i must say that Destruction-Overkill are in the milestones of thrash metal.Schmier is a perfect frontman and his concert performance is excellent.