Favorite 2014 release so far?

Well, since the title of this thread merely asks for our favorite release, ie singular, I'll go ahead and claim Factor Burzaco - 3 as mine so far of 2014. I've been listening to it continuously for months now and cease to grow tired of it. Brilliant.

cover_112591922014_r.jpg

Well, since the title of this thread merely asks for our favorite release, ie singular, I'll go ahead and claim Factor Burzaco - 3 as mine so far of 2014. I've been listening to it continuously for months now and cease to grow tired of it. Brilliant.

I seriously need to buy that. The samples you posted were killer.

Nice sample/description

It's Avant-Rock. Stream the entire album here: http://www.progstreaming.com/_wb/pages/play-album-mobile.php?activeAlbum=00755 - Factor Burzaco - 3

Dick, you should really dig Jack O' The Clock who put out a new album this year as well.
Stream it here: http://www.progstreaming.com/_wb/pa...Album=00758 - Jack O` The Clock - Night Loops

I seriously need to buy that. The samples you posted were killer.

Yeah, that was from their first album which is more accessible and "song oriented" but absolutely essential and brilliant as well. Their second release is weird and probably not worth getting but this 3rd one combines the best of both albums and is a monster of diversity.

I'll post more YouTube samples from the first one later when I get home.

something tells me new Rome is gonna be my favorite.
anyone preordered a special edition?

Well that was rad. This album reminds me of how unique and amazing a really good live jazz performance can be. These dudes seriously have that creative mesh.

In no particular order...

NASHEIM – Solens Vemod
A SUNNY DAY IN GLASGOW – Sea When Absent
TODD TERJE – It’s Album Time
SWANS – To Be Kind
APHEX TWIN – Syro
LYDIA AINSWORTH – Right From Real
KAYO DOT – Coffins On Io
DEVIN TOWNSEND – Z2
THE HORRORS – Luminous
PHARMAKON – Bestial Burden

Add the new ARIEL PINK and RUN THE JEWELS* to my list

*best rap album I've heard in quite some time, released for free today

Panda Bear, Ariel Pink and RTJ leaked all in the last 3 days. Hold up and await my snarky/elitist/hipster opinion.

I hit play due to "ft. Zack De la Rocha", sadly didn't make it a minute. I met that cat at Footlocker a few years back, and found him to be a swell fellow. Would have preferred Zack de la Morris rapping apa apa poo apa pooooo pooooo over and over again, it would have came off much more smooth <freeze frame>.

That genre is Ebola.