Favorite 80's Cheese metal band!!

My idea of cheese metal must be alot different than yours. When I think cheese I think of Manowar and Hammerfall. The others, like Skid Row and Def Lep I think of hair metal.

Originally posted by IcedMadness
My idea of cheese metal must be alot different than yours. When I think cheese I think of Manowar and Hammerfall. The others, like Skid Row and Def Lep I think of hair metal.
Cheese metal means nothing, I loathe this moronic term, it is meant as a put down and not to describe any style. All it means is someone doesn't like something and thinks it beneath thier elevated standards so they call it cheese.

Only arrogant people use the term cheese metal :devil:

Best 80's hairbands were Skid Row, Motley Crue, Guns N Roses but I wouldnt consider them cheesy.

Cheesy would be Styper, RATT, Poison(to an extent), and a plethore of others...lol

Originally posted by Heretic _Princess
My bad!!! I forgot it was just for cheesy 80's bands
I just did listen to alot of megadeth then that's all.
and no, they were not cheesy

you guys can relax now

you are very beautiful

and my fav cheesy band of the 80's was tora, tora:lol:

Man, I have that Ratt ep in mint condition. I wasn't sure if it was worth anything or not. I also have Tora Tora's debut in mint condition.

Both Vinnie Vincent Invasion cds rock. Did you guys know that Robert Fleischmann, the singer on the debut was going to be the singer for Journey on Infinity before they found Steve Perry? Speaking of which, Journey is still one of my favorite bands ever.

And that Nasty Savage guy is fucking hilarious. The dvd on the Metal Blade boxset has a live performance from them... it's awesome!:lol: :lol:

Cheesy Metal? Well, I hate to call it that, but I still want to join in on the fun of this thread!

I was raised listening to Def Leppard, Whitesnake, and KISS and I'm STILL a fan! I'm also a big fan of Skid Row, Scorpions, Motley Crue, Poison, and Cinderella. I have a big soft spot for this stuff, I only wish I was old enough to go to the shows when they were in their prime. Thank goodness for the resurgance of Reunion Tours! I finally got my wish of Whitesnake & The Scorpions getting back together - AND ON THE SAME TOUR!!
:headbang:

~Sh0k~

Originally posted by PsychoticSymphony
simple......Stryper

:eek: :headbang:

Yes!

People forget that they were only half glam junk...the rest was classic American power metal. Weren't the best lyricists (not talking about the slant of most of them, because I'm a Christian myself, just a lot of their lyrics simply weren't well written) but they rocked so hard. Soldiers Under Command, To Hell With The Devil, Crimson Glory's first two albums, and Helloween's Keepers should be considered classic melodic/power metal. I know the Keepers are but the rest are underrated..

Alright, throw Fifth Angel and Stormwitch in there too now that I think about it. :D Shame it's hard to find albums by a lot of these bands nowadays.