Favorite Ale/ Lager

"Germany hmmm they have qty but not quality, in my opinion, I could take Becks, but tis own by the belgians now"

I don't think so belgar 8) . But i can understand you because you only know the big names like becks, löwenbräu, Tucher etc..
But in germany every small town has its own beer and you can't say that all of them have no quality.

Elephant is a fun one, it will blow your head off quite easily. I preffer Carlsberg's "Påske", though and Tuborg Classic...Danish dymanite for once.

Also, most brews from Poland and Austria kick ass!

Odis said:
"Germany hmmm they have qty but not quality, in my opinion, I could take Becks, but tis own by the belgians now"

I don't think so belgar 8) . But i can understand you because you only know the big names like becks, löwenbräu, Tucher etc..
But in germany every small town has its own beer and you can't say that all of them have no quality.
Odis, you are prob. right on that one, each time I went to Germany I could drink this big ass 1 liter mug and never paid attention to the local small town beer. Same in Belgium, my village brews 3 different kind of beers while the next village has at least 5, one of them being a honey brew called Barbar, they name it "warrior's rest beer".

I prefer Mariestads and Pilsner Urquell. Also some darker ales, specially with food. Chec beer is actually some of the best I have tried.

I would really like to like Guiness, but I just cant! It's like drinking sement! The only advantage is that if you're low on cash and still wanna go out you can get a Guiness and it will last you the rest of the evening :D.

anyone for.....?

pink-05.gif

:Spin:

LeoP said:
I prefer Mariestads and Pilsner Urquell. Also some darker ales, specially with food. Chec beer is actually some of the best I have tried.

I would really like to like Guiness, but I just cant! It's like drinking sement! The only advantage is that if you're low on cash and still wanna go out you can get a Guiness and it will last you the rest of the evening :D.

Hell yeah, I thought I was the only fan of Mariestads on this board. This is, in my opinion, the best Swedish brew you can find around here. A nice Dortmunder.

I'm pretty exited today cause I bought the most bad ass ale imaginable. Check this out!

Hobgoblin.jpg
Fiddlers%20Elbow.jpg

CircleMasterBottle.jpg
BlkWychClipNew.jpg

Alright on this subject I'm a bitch:

In US of A, I usually get my hands on:

Heineken [this, I usually get my hands on anywhere in the world], Coors [the only very good american brand I know], Sam Adams, or Killian's. Also there a couple of nice breweries [such as "Loing Island's Blue Point] that are both cheap and good.

Back home in Turkey: Efes [the local king :)] and its dark [ale] kind, Miller [when I feel like a hoe, because that shit's expensive, makin it even more attractive to such a conformist whore that I am hehehe :)], and Labatt Ice [I think Labatt in Europe comes from Sweden, whereas Labatt in US comes from Canada? Anyway, Labatt Ice is nice].

Also;

It's Miller time,
But keep Walking. heh :) [i'd rather have whiskey than beer at any time. Alcoholics anonymous anyonw? heh :)]

ScorpionShard said:
It's Miller time,
But keep Walking. heh :) [i'd rather have whiskey than beer at any time. Alcoholics anonymous anyonw? heh :)]
Yah, but Whiskey combined with beer is true style :wave:

PS:
What is that milk-white, strong alchoholic drink you guys have over there?

I'm a big fan of ales and dark beers. Hobgoblin and Fiddler's Elbow (my two favorite beers in the world), Black Sheep, Schneider Weisse, Hacken Pschor, Liberty Ale (really good American beer from San Fran), Riggwelter, Guinness and Ococim.

I also have a brewery set up in the basement, so I make a lot of my own beer. Right now I have a raspbeery wheat ale (2x medium British malt, wheat grain, dark grain, lots of Golding hops, and raspberry juice) as well as an evening ale (medium British malt, dark British malt, lots of wheat grain, Golding/Crowning hops). It took a while to figure out the brewing process, but now that I know it well, I can make amazing beer every time. And it's cheap, too... using the best ingredients, it only costs $35 CDN for 23 L - or 76 cents (50 American cents) per pint.

This weekend, I'm brewing a batch of mead - using a honey base but incorporating some ginger and fruit as well. Should be an interesting experiment. Won't be ready until December, unfortunately, so I have a long time to wait to see if it worked...

I've been drinking Ottakringer for 4 weeks straight, so that's kinda funny how I saw the badge there.

WrathChld- Bad ass, man! We need more homebrewers here. Although I know nothing of doing homemade beer, but I make "amonvodka (regular moonshine, loads of fun cause there's a million different flavours wether we're talking soda, fruit, candy etc. etc.) and wine (thinking of doing blueberrywine sometime soon).

Patric said:
I'm pretty exited today cause I bought the most bad ass ale imaginable. Check this out!

Hobgoblin.jpg
oooh... that one's really nice Patric, sadly the other ones your pasted aren't available on our utterly crappy "systembolaget"
frown.gif
grrrrrr...