Favorite Ale/ Lager

That milk-white stuff is what we call "raki". Most people know it as "Uzo" [its Greek equivalent, but it's basically the same thing]. Actually the liquor is transparent but you have to mix it with water [to make it less potent] and then it takes the milky color. That shit's strong, seriously, most women can't even smell it, most men can't even take more than 2 glasses. I miss it man, but it goes really good with meals [unlike most liquors] :)

I still haven't looked into making moonshine. For a while, I was thinking about setting up a distillery in the basement so I could make whiskey, but it never happened. Right now, I'm concentrating on making good mead, and I suppose that the moonshine will follow.

Oh, and I tried the beer/whiskey drink. Genius. Sheer genius. :)

Patric said:
WrathChld- Bad ass, man! We need more homebrewers here. Although I know nothing of doing homemade beer, but I make "amonvodka (regular moonshine, loads of fun cause there's a million different flavours wether we're talking soda, fruit, candy etc. etc.) and wine (thinking of doing blueberrywine sometime soon).

In its most traditional form, mead is just honey, water and yeast - mix 15 pounds of honey with 3.5 gallons of water, boil, then add the yeast once it has cooled to 41 degrees Celsius. Then you have to let it ferment for a week, transfer it to a secondary-stage fermenter for a month, and then bottle it.

I'm not sure if your recipe mentioned that it takes a year to completely ferment :) Or even longer, depending on what kind of yeast nutrients were added. That's probably why your stuff didn't taste too good.

ScorpionShard said:
Actually do any of you guys know how to make real mead? Some honey into beer and some other stuff as far as i understand, years ago i tried to do it with a friend o'mine with a recipe we had found on the net, but the end result was... gruesome to say the best :)

I used to home brew, but I haven't done it in a few years. It was a long process, and I never really got good at it where I thought the beer I was making was any better than what I could buy. It wasn't.

Anyways, my favorite beer is Stroh's. If there's none of that around, I'll take a Miller High Life.

By "homebrew" do you mean more sparetime activity kinds such as whine, mead, beer etc. or just regular moonshine?

Stroh makes a beer?!?!? The only thing I've ever seen from them is that 80% rum. God damn I've never gotten drunk so fast. Most of my Stroh nights are very distant blurry memories... that stuff is wicked.

bloodfiredeath said:
Anyways, my favorite beer is Stroh's. If there's none of that around, I'll take a Miller High Life.

Patric said:
By "homebrew" do you mean more sparetime activity kinds such as whine, mead, beer etc. or just regular moonshine?

I made three different batches of beer in my spare time. One was a lager, one was a brown ale, and one was a porter. I was using a kit that you buy in the store, so it's not like I was picking out each individual ingredient and coming up with my own recipe, I was just following instructions. Then again, being a novice at it, that seemed the best route. I suppose I wouldn't mind trying it again someday, it was just alot of effort for marginally decent beer.

WrathChld said:
Stroh makes a beer?!?!? The only thing I've ever seen from them is that 80% rum. God damn I've never gotten drunk so fast. Most of my Stroh nights are very distant blurry memories... that stuff is wicked.

Stroh's has been making beer for over 200 years. :)

bloodfiredeath said:
it was just alot of effort for marginally decent beer.

That's why I buy my beer. I'm such a partyanimal when it comes to homebrewing anyway, the usual purpose for my vodka is nothing more but to get rotten in the weekends with friends if we run out of whiskey :loco:

There are two main reasons that I homebrew. The first is so that I can make beers which just can't be bought in stores (ie. smoked raspberry beer, ginger stout, etc.). And I found that after making enough beer, you do get pretty good at it. But more importantly, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing your friends enjoy a beer that you made. Especially when they get totally shit-faced on it :)

As for Stroh, they don't sell that stuff over here, so I had no idea about a beer. I didn't even find out about the 80% rum until last year. What is the beer like? Is it crazy alcoholic?

bloodfiredeath said:
I made three different batches of beer in my spare time. One was a lager, one was a brown ale, and one was a porter. I was using a kit that you buy in the store, so it's not like I was picking out each individual ingredient and coming up with my own recipe, I was just following instructions. Then again, being a novice at it, that seemed the best route. I suppose I wouldn't mind trying it again someday, it was just alot of effort for marginally decent beer.

WrathChld said:
But more importantly, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing your friends enjoy a beer that you made. Especially when they get totally shit-faced on it :)
QUOTE]

I hear ya bro, I know it from own party experiences...bidding friends on cream-chocolate infested moonshine :lol: It actually tastes good!

Patric said:
Staropramen, !

AAAAAAAH...the last year while i was in prague with the school i went with a friend of mine to the supermarket and we buyed 30 cains of staropramen for the evening...we'd so much fun!!!!...that was one of my strongest drunkennes..all the time that i think about that night i want to drink a staropramen but we dont have it here in Italy..so i have to content myself with lowenbrau, spaten, warstainer and grolsch(beautiful bottle)...

:loco: