Favorite Ale/ Lager

deth2naturalice

death by Bananas
Mar 26, 2003
L.A., CA
I've been reading some methods on brewing techniques and I was wondering what some of the board viewers favorite drinks happen to be? I've been stuck on Hacker- Pschorr for a while now.

hahaha.... my roomates friend stayed at my house for a few weeks and all he ever drank was Natrual ice... at least 8 beers a day.. there was so much of that shit in my fridge that I couldn't fit any food and in trying the beer I discovered it's disgusting taste...hence my disgust.

I drink Lager mostly. Preffered brews are Mariestads, Carl's Påske, Staropramen, Pilsner Urguell, Harboe and Grolsch. Though everything that's not too watery goes!

New Caslte is excellent, cute bottle too. Ever tried Bishop's Finger? I think they put this Xmas-herb in it (don't know the English name for it, Ingefæra in Swedish), real special tasting.

Warsteiner, Paulaner & Spaten are my favs, but only if I'm in Germany, or on the beach in Florida.

Otherwise, I'm a TECATE-kinda gal (gotta stay true to my Mexican roots!)

can't say I've had the pleasure patric...sounds intriguing though. I'm going to try this beer today called abbot's ale which my friend keeps trying to convince me is smoother than guiness...I'll believe it when I taste it.

Ah I don't like beer with many tastes. But I make a very good autumn drink with wine, honey, apples and cinnamon. Good stuff.

Oh and remember that special herb I was talking about, in the Bishop's Arms beer? It's called GINGER.

PS: Cadarn, if you wanna look up that beer you can find it (and all other sorts) here http://tolsun.oulu.fi/kbs/beer/kbsbeer_index.htm good luck!

Wow, what an interesting subject indeed, being from Belgium I ll rank my fav by country hehehe.

Here in the US hmmm I ll pass, only good beer i have had could sierra nevada or sam adams

Denmark, my choice goes straight to the Giraff or Elephant made by Carlsberg with the original glass, kick ass glasses btw.

Guiness of course get's my vote fer Ireland

Gordon Ale Scotch gets my vote fer Scotland

Fin du Monde for Canada

France goes that strong beer that has a lucifer ridin' the bottle (forgot the name)

Germany hmmm they have qty but not quality, in my opinion, I could take Becks, but tis own by the belgians now

Sweden, never had any swedish beer

Belgium will always get my vote, nothing like drinking a beer named Lucifer, Judas, Oer Bier (whore beer), Divine, Delirium, Troll beer, Witches beer .... all ranking in the high 9% up to 13% gotta love it.

Anyways, there are kick ass beer all over the world, Belgium gets the crown, just my 2cents :D