Favorite and least favorite *non* metal voclalist

Favourites, I think: Chuck Schuldiner, Mikael, Jari Mäenpää, Bob Dylan
Least favourite: ZP Theart, most BM vocalists, emo-squeelers, Kevin Aper and many more...

Profanity said:
Some cultures still use "ass" to describe a kind of horse. A "fatass" in those cultures would mean a fat one of those animals.

A donkey is not a kind of horse.

As for my favorite, a tie between Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins, Zwan) and Thom Yorke (Radiohead). Followed closely by Steve Wilson (Why has nobody mentioned him yet?)

Least favorite - Vanessa Amorosi (SP?... Who gives a shit anyway...)

Night Mare said:
A donkey is not a kind of horse.

An Ass isn't a donkey:

ass1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (s)
n. pl. ass·es (sz)
Any of several hoofed mammals of the genus Equus, resembling and closely related to the horses but having a smaller build and longer ears, and including the domesticated donkey.

Profanity said:
An Ass isn't a donkey:

ass1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (s)
n. pl. ass·es (sz)
Any of several hoofed mammals of the genus Equus, resembling and closely related to the horses but having a smaller build and longer ears, and including the domesticated donkey.

Congratulations. You just refuted yourself.

fuscous said:
I tell you Madonna is the queen. Listen to the Ray Of Light album. It was a very different but very deep experience to me.

cheers

Yes, Maddonna has a very distinguished voice which has a role to play on the submission on any mans heart.

does anyone ever read the goddam first posts here?
I DON'T KNOW WHO THESE FUCKING SINGERS ARE. PERHAPS IT WOULD BE HELPFUL TO MAYBE POST A SONG OR MAYBE EVEN A BAND NAME. JETHUTH CHRITH.

dorian gray said:
I DON'T KNOW WHO THESE FUCKING SINGERS ARE. PERHAPS IT WOULD BE HELPFUL TO MAYBE POST A SONG OR MAYBE EVEN A BAND NAME. JETHUTH CHRITH.
To help you out with Kari Rueslåtten (Ex-The Third And The Mortal), mentioned just a few posts before: recommended songs "Rapunsel", "The Shadowchant", "Dead", "Trollferd" and "Hør min sang" (some samples are to be found here and here).

However, my favourite non-metal vocalist is Kari Bremnes. Recommended songs:
"Skrik", "Melankoli" (listen to samples here)
"Sangen om fyret ved Tornehamn", "Sangen om ka ho Anna drømte om" (listen to samples here)
"Dagen" (listen to sample here).

As for least favourite non-metal vocalists, I don´t really care, but if you want to hear a name, I´ll pick DJ Ötzi (though there are lots of others as bad as him).

Amazed Jeff Buckley was not mentioned sooner, he's my fave.

Worst: Chris Cornell, owner of the worlds blandest vocal chords. Also Steven Wilson I find very annoying.

Favorite Male Vocalist: Marvin Gaye
Favorite Male Vocal Performance: "Flying"--Vincent Cavanagh of Anathema on A Natural Disaster
Honorable Mentions: Jeff Buckley, Willie Nelson

Favorite Female Vocalist: Elisabeth Fraser of Cocteau Twins and Massive Attack
Favorite Female Vocal Performance: "Crazy"--Patsy Cline
Honorable Mentions: Edith Piaf, Sinead O' Connor, Lauryn Hill

dorian gray said:
Fuck off.

About Steve Wilson. I really like his singing, but I don't think It's a particular voice that does the thing here. It is more a combination of strange multi interpretable lyrics and knowing a lot about technical tricks. It seems like he has done a lot thinking until he records it. "don't drop your gaze in the coffee"