Favorite Band James has Been In?

Aug 14, 2002
Visit site
whats your favorite band that james has been in?

im a huge Death and TestAmenT fan.... (thoughs are actuly my 2 all time favorite bands)

but hes doen so much...

whats your favorite work that james has done.... (im just now getting into his solo stuff... its deffinatly up there in my oppinon!)

:)

Well I already made my comment above. I was basing it on which band is my favorite that he's been in but I think the question is focused on what did he accomplish more with what band. I feel he was much more suited for Testament than any of the others. His sound just fits the Low and TG albums perfectly and it did help define what their groove was about even if it was just for 2 releases. He didn't seem so out of place with them as he may have in Obituary or Death. So my pick is definitely Testament. It's just to obvious for me. I wish there was about 18 more Testament albums with James in the line up. :}

JAH

I can't choose... but I have to say he injected new life into Testament at a time when I thought they would surely drop off the face of the planet... i love death, and disincarnate as well... I love his 2 solo albums, and unfortunately here's a huge gap of the other stuff he's done in my collection... so i can't vote for what I haven't heard...

Konkhra's Weed The Weak album is quite weak. Too Panteraish.

I'd probably choose Death though IMO the best album where James has been in is probably Obituary's Cause of Death.

Personal fave is the Live At The Fillmore and Low albums....seeing Testy live w/James was a true treat!!

No one mentioned Cancer-Death Shall Rise!! Fucking awesome old school Florida death metal!!

Also, a big fan of the "Chopped In Half" solo on the Cause Of Death disc...

Spiritual Healing was the ultimate Schuldiner/Murphy experience. Wish they could've worked together longer... Testament, Disincarnate, Obituary, the solo he did on Gorguts' Considered Dead cd, his new one on Malevolent Creation shreds, his work on the Rush tribute cd Working Man is kick ass too.