Favorite Band with a female singer

Alex78 said:
is Kitty still active?

unfortunately so. i was begged to go to one of their shows a few months ago, but refused on the basis that they BLOW.

music aside, their new guitarist is unbelievably hot.

The only band with a chick singer I listen to is Arch Enemy, and I dont even like her vocals that much.

Her vocals aren't bad. But they aren't special either. People just think they are because the sound is coming out of a woman (I'm under the impression that it doesn't make all that much difference if you're a man or a woman when it comes to being able to growl decently). Her vocals also sound processed on the new album.

I think they are too. I like the vocals on "bury me an angel", I saw an old vid of that song on a long time ago and it had some dude in sunglasses and short black hair singing and playing bass in that song, is that Sharlee or what? Who has heard "Aces High" with Johan Liiva singing, that shit is horrible.

Heheh. Yeah that cover didn't come out very well. Johan Liiva sounds amazing on some of the old AE material but his voice just has no range whatsoever. All he can do is his hoarse scream thing. On some songs it works great and on some others it just really doesn't. But trying to cover a song that was originally sung by Bruce Dickinson was obviously not going to work too well.

I believe his lack of vocal range is also why they ended up kicking him out. Why they replaced him with someone with pretty much the same lack of vocal range I don't know.

Angela does not have range but sounds good unlike Johan who is awful. Look at the singer for Carcass he had no range but great raspy vocals that went with the music. It's about control and tightness also.

For a female growler Angela is solid. I don't think she used any effects on Wages of Sin or AOB. Listen to the chick from Siniser, her growls use tons of effects and sound really forced. Their is a video on the WOS cd and Angela seems really into it. I know people say she's gimmicky and I doubt it. She's really enjoyable to watch while singing too.

Almost all chick singer should stick to cleans but angela does a great job. Johan was awful so any replacement is better. It's not about range when growling but having an apealing sound. She has pipes for a female plus stays in tune.

Arch Enemy did butcher 'Aces High' though. Growling Bruce Dickinson lyrics is ridiculous.

OOOOOOOW yeah, Federica de Boni ex White skull, thats the coolest chick voice i have heard, because it sounds nothing like a woman, more like a little kid going off, mega

I like a lot of female vocalist fronted projects, both metal and non. What can I say, I'm a sucker for the sound of a woman's voice. :D
I'm sure I left a few out too.

The Gathering
Lacuna Coil
Xandria
Left Hand Solution
Madder Mortem
Storm
Arch Enemy
Thorr's Hammer
Heart
Dubstar
Portishead