Favorite Band with a female singer

You can tell the chick for Sinister overloads with distortion effects. The two sinister cds she sang on are awful too. When Angela does use effects it's not covering up completly as in she has no pipes for growling at all in anyway. Siniser probably thought they'd sell more records getting her. I'm curious what other people tried out for Sinister for the replacement. Probably some bigger names in the 'death meta' scene.

Cross The Styx,Diabolical Summoning are classic oldschool death metal. Can't even image how much worse they will be now since they've reformed. Without André and
Ron on guitars they are a complete shit fest.

The Greys said:
When Angela does use effects it's not covering up completly as in she has no pipes for growling at all in anyway. .
it suprises me to hear that even though i ve heard people bash her before. when i saw her live she was way better than on cd and a lot meaner and brutal than i would have expected. it really added to the whole bands performance and they killed that night. :headbang: she has had problems with her voice a couple times though so maybe she can t keep it up all through the tour. no offence to any women but i cant see how she can keep it up like that without wrecking her voice. it kind of isn t natural but all props to her.

The Greys said:
You can tell the chick for Sinister overloads with distortion effects.
oh most definately, i had absolutley no idea it was a chick singing on the new sinister until my buddy said something. but the vocals are pretty much kept in time, although being processed. and i think it fit's the genre of sinister. but no doubt angela has a better range between the two, but i like them both equally for their own attributes. :)

BlackMetalTyrant said:
I will never understand Nightwish, They are Ace of Base with a distortion pedal. "I wish I had an angel" thumbsdown, F-.

Well you should listen their greatest song Slaying a dreamer, it has hard riffs and ass-kicking rythmn. I understand that everyone don't like them, but I think that it's differend metal in a good way. I also diddn't like them at the beginning, and they have propably the worst coversong ever made, Over the hills and far away is awful enought originally and Nightwish couldn't made it any better.

Barking Pumpkin said:
Atrox

No cliche goth/power/whatever stuff there.
Fully seconded!
Barking Pumpkin said:
Technically she's not in the band anymore, but they have yet to create any material without her. Monika Edvardsen.
Well, there had been two new songs with a male vocalist which you could download from their website before it was closed down, but they didn´t do much for me.

As for favourite bands with female vocalists, in addition to Atrox I definitely have to mention

Fear Of God

(Well, actually it´s just their first album "Within The Veil", which still ranks among my 3 favourite albums of all times, whereas its follow up "Toxic Voodoo" (which is vocal- and music-wise far less original) didn´t impress me very much.)

and currently

Gåte (not metal, but folk-rock from Norway), well, mostly their current album "Iselilja".

I think there are several more I could mention, but I´ll leave it at that.

I completely forgot about Detente. They fucking rule. I never checked out Fear Of God though.

The Gathering and Peccatum are a obvious choice.

If talking of non-metal stuff here there are some:

inside.jpg

andrea4.jpg

bjork-newpromoshoot04.jpg

WomanWisdom.jpg

Enya%20-%20The%20Video%20Collection.JPG

P.S. sorry it became quite a long one

I'm a 'The Gathering' fan. Whenever I mention them someone mentions 'Peccatum. I remember hearing them and it was symphonic black metal or something along those lines. Maybe i'm confusing them with another band.

hum

All the reviews of Peccatum I read said that Ihriel had the most shrieky awful voice ever...

I'd probably like it. :D

Dodens Grav said:
I completely forgot about Detente. They fucking rule. I never checked out Fear Of God though.
Then you could easily change this by following the link I posted and downloading the 3 mp3s from "Within The Veil" in the "Music"-section there (if you haven´t already done so).

Burkhard said:
Then you could easily change this by following the link I posted and downloading the 3 mp3s from "Within The Veil" in the "Music"-section there (if you haven´t already done so).

I have, in fact, done so.

Barking Pumpkin said:
All the reviews of Peccatum I read said that Ihriel had the most shrieky awful voice ever...

I'd probably like it. :D

well try it it won't hurt (probably)

I downloaded Within Temptation 'Enter' and could not get through one song. I enjoy The Gathering,Orphanage(first 2),Theatre of Tragedy(old) but it was just very lackluster and boring. I'll give it another listen in a different mood sometime just incase.