Favorite bands, thanking Deron for helping change my life

Noam111g

New Metal Member
Apr 21, 2023
Hello. My names noam, 29 from israel, I used to take part in the Ultimate Metal forums when I was young. I was about 16 when I joined for the first time. I was mostly active on Power Quest, Symphony X, DragonForce forums, and so on. I moved on since then, but there's something important I'd like to talk to you about related to Deron, the site admin. Or MetalAges as he is known here.

Well, you see... the truth is, back in the day I suffered and still suffer to this day from a rare neurodevelopmental disorder called high functioning autism. High functioning autism is a type of autism characterised by some social problems or difficulties, shyness, tendency to be alone and stay away from friends, emotional sensitivity, focus on self such as one sided conversations, inability to show empathy towards others, and more. Because of this, I dont have alot of friends in my life, and I have social problems my entire life.

I tried to contact Deron again so I can thank him for how much he helped me in the past. Back in the day, Deron used to talk to me in private messages here on the Ultimate Metal forums, and to this day I can still remember a little from some of the advice he gave me. It didnt help me as much back then because I had problems understanding things socially, but today his words had started to affect me emotionally and made me realize alot of things I didnt realize about myself in the past. As a person with high functioning autism, Im a very special person. I'm not a normal person.

I have tried many ways to contact Deron, but still havent got an answer from him. I really want to just thank him for his help in the past, and talk to him again. He also didnt accept my Facebook friend request yet.

OTher than that, I thought to keep things on topic anyways as this is a metal forum, so I'll share some of my favorite bands:

Breaking Benjamin
Symphony X
DragonForce
Skid Row
Dream Theater
Stratovarius

About Deron, can anyone explain of how to receive an answer from him? I tried many contact methods, but havent got an answer unfortunately.

One could assume that Deron's become some sort of hermit/monk retreating to a cave high up in the mountains. He'll pop out when he needs more millet. He may be more likely to notice a thread in the UM Feedback section if you wanna put one there as well.