Dragonforce changed my life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wires & Waves

New Metal Member
Feb 4, 2006
DragonForce changed my life. I used to be a lot like most of you, a jaded, cynical pessimist with a completely contemptful attitude toward the future and believing in nothing. That this thing called "hope" was just a big fat lie spoon-fed to me by my parents, by my teachers, by all the sheep-herding media conglomerates. Indeed, it was my rage, my utter hatred for the world and complete disillusionment with life that drew me deep into the extremities of the metal underground. Later on I got into Manowar, whom I fell in love with like most here did, out of sheer irony. Soon to follow was discovering power metal, a genre a become fond with as it echoed my love for Japanese RPGs, and then DragonForce, who quickly became my favorite band. As I spent the next two years listening to them constantly, I began to notice something. This music was changing my attitude towards life. No longer was I flailing armageddon disciple. When listening to DragonForce, I actually started to believe in myself again. I saw myself not spending the rest of my life drinking and fucking the pain of life away, but reaching out to people, spreading love and joy and fighting for everyhting good in the world.

Spectacular Views said:
DragonForce changed my life. I used to be a lot like most of you, a jaded, cynical pessimist with a completely contemptful attitude toward the future and believing in nothing. That this thing called "hope" was just a big fat lie spoon-fed to me by my parents, by my teachers, by all the sheep-herding media conglomerates. Indeed, it was my rage, my utter hatred for the world and complete disillusionment with life that drew me deep into the extremities of the metal underground. Later on I got into Manowar, whom I fell in love with like most here did, out of sheer irony. Soon to follow was discovering power metal, a genre a become fond with as it echoed my love for Japanese RPGs, and then DragonForce, who quickly became my favorite band. As I spent the next two years listening to them constantly, I began to notice something. This music was changing my attitude towards life. No longer was I flailing armageddon disciple. When listening to DragonForce, I actually started to believe in myself again. I saw myself not spending the rest of my life drinking and fucking the pain of life away, but reaching out to people, spreading love and joy and fighting for everyhting good in the world.

That was the gayest, but most touching thing I ever heard. Oh boy, here come the waterworks :cry:

He's probably trolling as usual but there is likely to be some truth in what he says and it does raise an interesting question: How many metal fans let metal's morbid image influence their general outlook, only to 'grow out' of exclusively pessimistic music after a few years and either broaden their horizons to other styles or abandon metal altogether? Quite a few I think.

You were a twisted rebellious soul who used to find solace in extreme metal. Having succumbed to its gloomy mood, you've gotten yourself into a state of major depression. Feeling that you're slipping farther into darkness with each passing day, you decide to explore happier musical avenues, where you finally find your panacea. Now, armed with your gay banners you're trying to spread the virus of cheeerfullness, wherever you post.
Not a very efficient treatment, I must say, since the content of your posts often annoys the hell out of others

Oh, and not everyone who listens to morbid music is a misanthrope:)

Necro Joe said:
He's probably trolling as usual but there is likely to be some truth in what he says and it does raise an interesting question: How many metal fans let metal's morbid image influence their general outlook, only to 'grow out' of exclusively pessimistic music after a few years and either broaden their horizons to other styles or abandon metal altogether? Quite a few I think.

My attitude steered me towards metal. Not the other way around.

DarkBliss said:
You were a twisted rebellious soul who used to find solace in extreme metal. Having succumbed to its gloomy mood, you've gotten yourself into a state of major depression. Feeling that you're slipping farther into darkness with each passing day, you decide to explore happier musical avenues, where you finally find your panacea. Now, armed with your gay banners you're trying to spread the virus of cheeerfullness, wherever you post.
Not a very efficient treatment, I must say, since the content of your posts often annoys the hell out of others

Oh, and not everyone who listens to morbid music is a misanthrope:)

so then why are you stepping all over his sunshine

:puke:what a cliche "you're music change my life!", but i guess it happens...
i hate cheesy happy music like dragonforce, and im not depressed or anything like that, i just take music seriously.

I grew into metal from my already attitude. I was the sameway before ever knowing what metal was. You are a certain way from genetics which is stronger influence than bands. People get into music that fits their lifestyles not the other way around.

I don't adapt to bands everytime hearing a band. who does that ?.... that's ridiculous. You are your person and those other people are person. I would say bands influence me musically as a guitarist. Music is more image than anything. Bands can't always be how their music might make them seem to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.