Coming back to Ultimate Metal Forums

Ofir123

New Metal Member
Feb 28, 2022
Hi everyone, sorry to come here out of nowhere. I just thought to create an introduction thread to introduce myself.

My name's Noam, 27 years old, from Israel.

I participated on Ultimate Metal Forums many years ago, when I was very young. I think it was about 2010. I have an old forum account I cant recover, the join date says November 2010, so thats when I first joined here. I tried to contact the Admin Deron (MetalAges) but he didnt answer me yet. Anyone know where he is, or if someone else can possibly help?

Or if there's other way I can get in touch with Deron (MetalAges) faster, so he can help me with what I need.

I dont mean to say a join date means so much about someone, but I still would have liked to recover my old forum account. It brings back memories back from 2010 when I was here.

I hope someone will be able to guide me better about this, thanks.

Other than that, here's a list of some of my favorite bands.

DragonForce
Metallica
Blind Guardian
Breaking Benjamin
Skid Row
Symphony X

You can try to email mail@ultimatemetal.com. He may see that sooner.

I'll try. He is the only Admin / Forum Moderator? No one else?

The old account I had appears to be banned. I dont even remember what I did to be banned, but its probably irrelevant. I dont mind if he just unbans my old account and resets my password, simple as that. No need to merge any accounts.

Anyone know if something happened to him, is he active around here generally, and so on?

Last seen on his forum profile says 2 days ago or so, so it seems like he was around lately.

Hey guys, do you like any of the bands I mentioned?

DragonForce
Metallica
Blind Guardian
Breaking Benjamin
Skid Row
Symphony X

Hey guys, do you like any of the bands I mentioned?

DragonForce
Metallica
Blind Guardian
Breaking Benjamin
Skid Row
Symphony X

Metallica's cool.

I like Blind Guardian. I think the forum was doing a discography ranking that never happened due to lack of interest.

Symphony X is good, at least the albums that I think @Baroque recommended to me a few years back.

Reactions: Baroque
I only particularly like Metallica from that list, but I can handle 1 or 2 albums from the rest other than BB.

There was a poll thread for ranking Blind Guardian's albums if you wanna participate. Another list might give it a chance of being tallied up: https://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/gmd-poll-blind-guardians-discography-ranked.1731482/

I also like Metallica, but not the old albums. I only like the last 2 or 3 albums, St Anger, Death Magnetic, Hardwired to self destruct.
The reason is, the old metallica albums sound very old to me. in the newer Metallica albums the production sounds alot better and the songs are more relevant, thats what I think. I guess I'm an unusual fan, because most metallica fans like the old albums but I dont.

Also, some fans say Metallica's St Anger album is their worst album, but I think the complete opposite way. I think its their best album, it sounds very powerful, energetic.

Metallica's cool.

I like Blind Guardian. I think the forum was doing a discography ranking that never happened due to lack of interest.

Symphony X is good, at least the albums that I think @Baroque recommended to me a few years back.

I like Blind Guardian's first 3 albums, everything after that sounds too complicated to listen to, I think. The first 3, Battalions of Fear, Follow the Blind and Tales from the twilight world have amazing songs.

Symphony X I like their newer stuff more, but I still like a few songs from their old albums. Best symphony x albums are probably iconoclast, underworld. I think. But some fans really hate these albums because they're not melodic enough I guess.

Reactions: zerostatic
I respect that St. Anger is someone's favourite, even if it's 3rd worst for me. I reckon it deserves it. I'd rather bands try something different and end up making some weird and messed up stuff over just making 5+ albums that all sound the same. St. Anger and Death Magnetic had some production issues though. Surely Reload doesn't sound that old – it's the polished-sounding album that got me into heavy metal in the first place.

Been a while since I last replied here. I hope everyone's doing well.

Well, I'm sorry to tell you, my attempts to contact the Admin Deron (MetalAges) have failed. I did everything I can, but he is simply not responding. I'm sure its nothing personal, he's probably too busy, or maybe, too impatient to talk to people he used to know in the past. Its okay.

I still like him, he's a nice guy. I'm not angry about the fact he didnt respond. He told me he works at web design/development. I guess he still works at that job, so he is busy as usual.

Yeah, I guess the fact I'm not angry about someone else not responding is a big accomplishment for me. I used to be childish and take it personally in the past, but now I dont.

But this is a tiny issue compared to what we hear on the news recently with the war and all that shit. I guess if I'm not banned it means atleast I'm allowed to participate in discussions on the forums.

I also like Metallica, but not the old albums. I only like the last 2 or 3 albums, St Anger, Death Magnetic, Hardwired to self destruct.
The reason is, the old metallica albums sound very old to me. in the newer Metallica albums the production sounds alot better and the songs are more relevant, thats what I think. I guess I'm an unusual fan, because most metallica fans like the old albums but I dont.

Also, some fans say Metallica's St Anger album is their worst album, but I think the complete opposite way. I think its their best album, it sounds very powerful, energetic.
Sounds like you'll fit in just fine. Welcome back!

lmfao.

Reactions: SonOfNun