Saprogenic
Arghoslent
Mithras
Intestine Baalism
Vomit Remnants
...and Oceans

I could go on for hours.

5thSeason said:

we all know its so fun to make fun of Damageplan :rolleyes: Im tired of the lets bash every band that has any nu-metal influence in it at all. I actually see some parts of their skill in it and its quite good. This is the 2nd band to be picked on out of the entire thread, and i feel that is it definitely not the worst one. The other being Godsmack, but who cares about them. you dont see me picking some band in someones list and calling it shit. Quite a few bands that people have listed suck, but they listen to what they like, and i listen to what i like.

EternalMetal said:
we all know its so fun to make fun of Damageplan :rolleyes: Im tired of the lets bash every band that has any nu-metal influence in it at all. I actually see some parts of their skill in it and its quite good. This is the 2nd band to be picked on out of the entire thread, and i feel that is it definitely not the worst one. The other being Godsmack, but who cares about them. you dont see me picking some band in someones list and calling it shit. Quite a few bands that people have listed suck, but they listen to what they like, and i listen to what i like.
I dont think Damageplan are that good but at least they are better than Superjoint Ritual. They would be better if they dont try to sound like Sevendust like in that Save Me song for example.

I didnt think they were that good either untill i listened to it a few more times and saw some stuff that i didnt see before. The guitars are awesome, and the drumming is pretty cool too. Pantera is a lot better, but they arent coming back.

Superjoint is pretty cool too, but kinda repetitive and gets old kind of quick. Down is better imo and is where Phil should be if he cant be in Pantera.

I'm seeing Damageplan live on Thursday.

Superjoint Ritual blows. It's like a heavier and basic hardcore version of Pantera.

iron maiden
angra
helloween
iced earth
metallica
cradle of filth
arch enemy
ozzy
rhapsody
stratovarius
dream theatre
megadeth
judas priest
hammerfall
dio

Damageplan will be good live though, thats for sure. I heard they even play a few Pantera songs for the fans.

perfecterror - CoB owns, saw them live and they were great. Alexi is an amazing guitarist, and Janne on the keyboards is another sight to see. I like the pic of Alexi.

Oh hell, why not:

Nokturnal Mortum
Moonsorrow
Arcturus
Emperor
Obtained Enslavement
Butterfly Temple
Arthemesia
Bathory
Kampfar
Taake
Summoning
Borknagar
Negura Bunget

MURAI said:
I dont think Damageplan are that good but at least they are better than Superjoint Ritual. They would be better if they dont try to sound like Sevendust like in that Save Me song for example.

yup.

Im not making fun of damageplan because its the "in" thing to do or whatever, im making fun of them because the album sucks, lol. I mean... if it was just some random band it wouldnt be all that bad, but its fucking Dime and Vinne from pantera. Im not really into pantera (power metal and cowboys from hell were cool) but they are both amazing musicians, and could have done something really amazing, but they didnt.

Actually, the album is full of talent, but they took a different, less metal approach to the whole thing. Its quite a good album, but its not a metal album. It sucked to me at first to, but then i really started to like it. Not a classic like Pantera, but its decent. Sounds like it was a big experimentation album, probably because Phil was so set in his ways he didnt let them do what they wanted, and hopefully the next album will be a whole lot better and i hope they actually take a metal approach to it this time. They play metal a lot better than they play, well i dont really know what i would call Damageplan, Heavy rock (does that make sense?)? It would be nice to see a kickass metal album next year full of ripping solos (not that Damageplan doesnt have solos, cause it does and they are pretty cool) and full of some faster metal drumming. Yea, the album was totally different than what i expected from Dime and Vinnie, therefore a letdown, but i am trying to ignore that it was the former members of an amazing band, so i just looked at it as Damageplan. True, it wasnt amazing, but i really do think that it was one big experimentation album.

Children of Bodom
Iced Earth
Vehemence
The Black Dahlia Murder
Savatage
Hypocrisy
Blind Guardian
Stratovarius
Nightwish
Dimmu Borgir
Old Man's Child
Emperor
Strapping Young Lad
Evergrey
Dark Tranquillity
In Flames
Rammstein
Nevermore
Arch Enemy
Opeth
Dream Theater
King Diamond
Mastodon

When Pantera broke up, they went to opposite directions. Anselmo's doing Superjoint Ritual to try to make it heavy and aggressive as possible and he did a pretty poor job. The brothers went on to form New Found Power and it's more technical than Superjoint Ritual and they're trying to do that nu/alternative metal thing and it's more accessible. Even though, Anselmo sounds fucking stupid in every interview but he was the one that made Pantera straightforward and aggressive. After seperating, the result is 2 weaker bands than the original.

I never really enjoyed pantera. I liked Cowboys From Hell, and the last independent release they did... power metal. They were both good albums, everything else was boring. pantera was never a strong band, they ripped off a far superior band (Exhorder) to get their signature sound, and then sucked for like 14 years.

Here's my list, the ones I listen to an unusual amount at the moment...

Amon Amarth
Bloodbath
Bolt Thrower
Kalmah
Old Man's Child
Opeth
Psycroptic
Septic Flesh

Though nobody here really has a duplicate list of anyone else, its nice to see others liking some of the same bands I do. Wish I could just run into people on the street who liked this sort of stuff too...

aids.jpg