Metal Community Imput Please..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackSeedsOnVirginSoil

DeathFlowsThroughMyVeins
Feb 28, 2006
Okay I have this really annoying gay friend who won't fuck off and accept the fact that I enjoy Lamb of God's music [New American Gospel - As The Palaces Burn, some of Ashes of The Wake]. They are by no means my favorite band, I just respect them as musicians and pretty good ones too..
Addler is an AMAZING drummer, and the guitarists are damn fast, but they lack the solo skill to win over many metalheads..

So now.. He likes Dimmu Borgir's music, everything but EDT, FAT and Stormblast, which are in my opinion their best albums... as well as gay music such as Children of Bodom and Devil Driver. Now you may think 'Why does this twat like LoG and not CoB?' Well firstly... I like the vocals more? They're heavier, and CoB uses a keyboard and all this gay stuff that I just don't like.
I do however, respect Laiho as a good guitarist because that's just how I am. Impaled Nazarene is a good band that Laiho was in, just because he doesn't sing or use any of the gay keyboard effects.

Can you tell me how to get him to fuck off... or at least give me some positive re-inforcement? I mean I'm certain that I like better music than him, but since I like LoG, he keeps calling me a metalcore kid. -.- I may seem like a pussy, but I just want to prove to him that most decent metalheads agree with me, about being open minded to people with good musician-ship. I can like anything I fucking want to like and still be kvlt :kickass: . So I'd really appreciate if you guys could help me.. please.

Here is a list of some of the bands I really enjoy, copied out of one of my internet profiles;

Amon Amarth
Anaal Nathrakh
Anorexia Nervosa
Anthrax
Arkhon Infaustus
Atheist
Autopsy
Bathory
Behemoth
Black Sabbath
Blind Guardian
Bloodbath
Bloodstone
Burzum
Candlemass
Carcass
Carpathian Forest
Celtic Frost
Coroner
Darkthrone
Death
Death Angel
Deicide
Dimmu Borgir [For All Tid, Storm Blast and EDT. NOTHING MORE]
Dissection
Emperor
Entombed
Exodus
Hypocrisy
Immortal
Impaled Nazarene
Intestinal Baalism
Iron Maiden
Katatonia
Kreator
Lamb Of God
Mayhem
Megadeth
Merciful Fate
Metallica [old]
Morbid Angel
Nasum
Naglfar
Napalm Death
Necrophagist
Nevermore
Nile
Obituary
Old Man's Child
Opeth
OZZY!
Possessed
Saint Vitus
Satyricon
Sepultura
Slayer
Sodom
Testament
Vader
Venom
Zyklon.

this thread is just fucking terrible and will lead nowhere. if you think you like good music, good for you, grow a sense of self-confidence and stop caring so much. locked. repost in chat forum if you really feel the need to be this shit because this just doesn't cut it as "metal discussion".

Status
Not open for further replies.