Favorite Black Metal Vocalist?

Originally posted by DeadWinterDead
Shagrath... Dimmu Borgir is definitely one of my favorite all time black metal bands. They got everything! Dimmu Borgir will rule the world!

LoL I have to agree with this statement 100%..........that is.....of course until I step in:p :D :p All bow before the Dimmu Deity and the GODS OF DARKNESS!!!!!!!!!! Long live the Kings of the Carnival Creation!!!!!!!!!! DB RULES!!!!!!

satyr. galdar (this guy is the shit) i'll give shagrath props too although i have mixed feellings about his band. ihsahn rules. noctuno culto (darkthrone). the singer for nazxul is amazing. grutle from enslaved has some sick vocals as well.

cob isn't black metal and i really dont care for the vox in COB, thouhg i enjoy a lot of the music. dani filth is weak too.

Galdar's the shit too I'd have to agree with that although I didn't like everything from Old Man's Child, but that was really a group effort. Ihsahn kicks ass..........and Cradle of Filth is kick ass in almost everything except for Dani's faggot fuck vocals ruining most of their shit. FUCK YOU DANI I'M GONNA STAB YOU!!!!!!!!!!.( LoL some of those evil-sounding bitches from CoF complement the thunderous sounds aside from this fag clouding em up with his shitty screams.) And although I know CoB shouldn't be put under Black Metal for their obvious intent from the band aswell as their non-specificness to any "demonic" trends or worship traditionally accompanying "true" Black Metal, but if I had to classify them under any musical genre I'd still have to stick to Black Metal with them due to their melodic and semi-demonic(or close to it) content as no other music category can do this justice. What pushes my idea over the top...is like I said before.....it lies in the top agenda for what I like and what I like above all music types and/or genres falls under Black Metal. What someone said before that "Children of Bodom is Children of Bodom music by itself" would make sense if their was a fucking genre of music called "Children of Bodom". But since there isn't, THIS is where I would put it. I do believe that Children of Bodom TECHNICALLY is not under what we'd ALL categorize as true Black Metal these days(dependant on what ideas we carry for Black Metal as that's still debatable in its entirety to this day), and in so I believe another category could possibly be created for this type of "melodic rage with rhythm and thunderous power" music. But until then I'd have to say it's under BM due mainly to BM's unclear description of contents these days aswell as the limiting classifications of modern day music genres and/or categories. Note: Normally if it were just any fucking band I'd be very careful in putting it under Black Metal due to the high standards one must meet to be put into this category in all trueness. I personally wouldn't put any piece of shit band under something like this.............to be fitting descriptions of a music genre is one thing, but the band must also be worthy of that genre if that genre has such omnipotence as BM does. I think CoB does and in so....I'm letting this "vagrant" band in off the streets cuz I know talent worthy of "true" BM. CoB is like talent without a true classification. Claiming to be BM for the moment I believe will get them that eventually even if they may not truly fit such a category from the traditional qualifications.

Jens Rydén from Naglfar
Also Maniac did pretty good work on Grand Declaration Of War

Jari Hurskainen from Gandalf is better than ones above, but Gandalf isn't really black metal...

Limpin_devil said:
dani filth fucking rocks. hes the best of all

Dani Filth is a horrible vocalist. The new album definitely proves it... and any of the last 3-4 albums as well.

I personally don't know who the best vocalist. Vortex did a lot of great stuff for Borknagar. In fact maybe Borknagar's vocalist(s).

The Bringer said:
Dani Filth is a horrible vocalist. The new album definitely proves it... and any of the last 3-4 albums as well.

I personally don't know who the best vocalist. Vortex did a lot of great stuff for Borknagar. In fact maybe Borknagar's vocalist(s).

Dude, let's be friends :headbang: You rock! I agree with everything you just said! Borknagar pwns! I'd have said Vintersorg but his are clean and not very Black metalish. But he is fucking amazing. SO by default, Vortex was a natural alternative. But the Borgir Boys in general have the scene on lock-down. Maybe not the best, but they definately know their shit and are skillaged! Galder, Shagrath and Vortex are definately without a doubt trademarks of the scene. Any band they have been in pwned. Old Man's Child, Bornagar and Dimmu Borgir all are amazing.