Favorite brand of amp ?

good thread plz could you guys help me i currently own a fender deluxe 90 watt amp and im not really getting the distortion sound i like anyway im thinking of selling it and getting an amp around the 60 - 100 watt mark could anyone recommend me an amp that would get me a good distortion. If it helps im using a ibane RG570 Ex with V8 bridge and V7 neck pickups

Hi bro, IMO the only fender that gives good high gain sound for metal riffing/ solos is the Tone Master but this comes in a head version. other fenders simply begs you to play it clean/ slightly overdriven...

My peavey sounds good with all my Ibanezs. you have a combo/ stack in mind?

PS- are you a MUFC fan?

If you can get a speaker stack with Celestion speakers, they are awesome. Several manufacturer's over the years worked with them. I don't know if any still do, but if you have the chance to play any head like Marshall, Crate, or anybody else you find you like their distortion through a Celestion speaker stack, then you'll know. LOL, IMO.

hey NE- yup. take your guitar down to your dealer's and try out as many units as you can (without pissing off you dealer that is... :cool: )

anyway, i seriously don't know if british amps/ tone is what you are after. since you live in where they are made, maybe the price would be more preferable... most people would start with marshall, but i tried those & gave them a pass... that's before the re-issue JCM 800 debuted so you might do well to check that out first...

the other thing is, check out Conford amps. i've heard demos of these & they are very good for high gain stuff! i think they did well not to have EL34 tubes in there (unlike the other 2 main brit amp brand: Marshall & Laney).

otherwise check out other high gain units:
*Crate: Blue Voodoo
*Peavey: Triple XXX/ XXL (solid state)/ 5150
*VHT pitbull
*Mesa Boogie (any recto model)
*Soldano (what i aspire to own but this is way too expensive!!!)
*ENGL