Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guild

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 48 7.7%
  • Dean

Votes: 15 2.4%

• Total voters
I play Ibanez guitars, but the most comfortable guitar I've ever played, and the one that sounded the best, was a Yamaha Ty Tabor Drop 6 model. Sleeeeeeek. I should have bought it, but I wasn't in a position to do so. (Wife kinda nixed it then.) I'd buy one now, no problem.

I own several Jacksons and love them. Ditto for Fenders. But nothing for me compares to my trusted and true, and now very battle-worn black 1984 Gibson Explorer. Been my #1 axe since . . . well, since 1984.

But honestly, if I were to go out and buy a new guitar today, it would probably be a set-neck Schecter. I played a few at Guitar Center recently and loved the feel.

I got an couple new axes a few months ago so i'm still up in the air about which is better. Also , sentiment has some value towards a guitar too. This is one of the new ones. Its a Gibson special edition gothic explorer. (all the hardware is black.) Plays like a dream.

311628300-01.jpg

The pickups are emg's. I would have to say it sound freakin sweet. I would use it for our next recording if it wasn't for the fact i want to keep it in E and not fuck with the action.

I also have a Ibanez s7320(best tremolo bar system EVER), a N.J. series B.C. rich mockingbird (neck through),a washburn seven with seymore duncan invaders (sweet pickups), and my old yamaha Rgx i have had since i was 16.

I play Schecter guitars exclusively & I'm lovin' them! As you can see from my sig, I have a C-1 Classic (stock SD JB Jazz combo), a C-1 (SD Invader bridge :headbang: , stock neck p/u) & a C-1 E/A (RMC piezo, stock p/u).

Play an esp ex400 with emg's get a good metal sound out of it and also have a schecter blackjack which is nice but always seems to sound to bassy and can never get it to sound bright enough =/

i don't know how some people can like Jackson so much, i played 4 of them last week (kevin bond, rr24, COW 7 string, and something else) and they all were very light (not a good thing in my opinion, takes away from the tone), bad playability, had horrible tone even with EMG's, and they all felt cheap. after that, i picked up a $600 bc rich and it killed all of them. then i went home and played my ltd and it destroys jackson's in every way, not to mention it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the jacksons i played. the only jackson that i've ever played and thought that it played great is my drummer's pre-fender jackson soloist.

LTD and ESP are the shit. Ibanez takes the cake after than then Bc Rich followed by Dean... Gibson are really good too i have an SG but it's my punk guitar.. Yeah jackson/charvel are alright not a big fan. Washburn are pretty decent i used to own an a-10

guitar006.jpg

I swear thats mine right in this picture. I sold it to a buddy years ago back in 1995. Who knows where it is but this one looks identical to mine..

LTD and ESP are the shit. Ibanez takes the cake after than then Bc Rich followed by Dean... Gibson are really good too i have an SG but it's my punk guitar.. Yeah jackson/charvel are alright not a big fan. Washburn are pretty decent i used to own an a-10

guitar006.jpg

I swear thats mine right in this picture. I sold it to a buddy years ago back in 1995. Who knows where it is but this one looks identical to mine..

Ibanez. My Xiphos is so easy and comfortable to play it feels like I'm cheating.
I think the main problem with Jackson is that if you want to get a prestige-level guitar you have to pay a lot more for it than any other brand. For example, the Jacksons I've seen don't start being neck-through or set neck until you're paying $2,000+ (AUD). My Xiphos cost me a little over $1,000 and it's neck through. Also feels like butter.
Though if I had the money, it'd be ESP all the way.

All I've played from BCR was their cheap ones, which were so shitty they bordered on unplayable. I played an ibanez S the other day and for lead it was so fucking sweet I almost bought it right there. However, the sound was a little thin for rhythm. I also played a Jackson RR model (not sure which, $650) that was pretty nice except for being really awkward to play. I might get it and just play standing up all the time. Very good rhythm and lead feel.
As for gibsons, nothing has impressed me. I never liked the Les Paul, tbh. And SG's are just unfun.