Favorite Drummers?

Zephyrus

Tyrants and Slaves
Jan 18, 2006
Maine or Iowa
List your top 5 favorite drummers.

1. Hellhammer
2. Horgh
3. Asgeir Mickelson (Borknagar, Spiral Architect)
4. Inferno (Behemoth)
5. Martin Lopez (Opeth)
6. Dave Lombardo

edit: you think I could just put down 5?

Woo-hoo!!! Finally!!!!! Great thread, man!!!

1. Mikko Siren
2. Tomas Haake (Meshuggah)
3. Chris Adler (Lamb Of God)
4. Chris Pennie (The Dillinger Escape Plan)
5. Jordan Manchino (As I Lay Dying)
6. Spag (Mudvayne)
7. George Kollias (Nile)

sorry, I have way more than 5 in fact

Fast doesnt always mean good, Ender. Besides if you'll pay attention to how he works with feet on doublepedal of bassdrum - you'll notice hes damn fast.
About his excellent taste - totally agree. I love his work with cymbals, he really knows how to make the song interesting, making those special "pictures" by drumming sound during the song. He really got feeling to putting a good stuff in their music.

Brann Dailor
Tomas Corn
Steve Flynn
Sean Reinert
Fenriz (actually some extremely cool stuff on the new one)

I used to think Horgh was pretty great, but then I realized how easy it is to play a lot of his Immortal stuff. I was pretty unimpressed with his live performance with Hypocrisy as well.

~Neurotica said:
Fast doesnt always mean good, Ender. Besides if you'll pay attention to how he works with feet on doublepedal of bassdrum - you'll notice hes damn fast.
About his excellent taste - totally agree. I love his work with cymbals, he really knows how to make the song interesting, making those special "pictures" by drumming sound during the song. He really got feeling to putting a good stuff in their music.
That's what I'm saying. I meant that he isn't the fastest guy to pound the skins but he is still very fast on the bass drums, and I should have given him more credit for this, but you still understood my point

Tomas Haake
Frost
Hellhammer
Trym
Asgeir Mickelson
Faust
Horgh

What is it with Scandinavia and drummers?
My fav non-Scandinavian drummers are Hoglan, Peart and Portnoy.