Favorite Dying Fetus Album

Favorite Dying Fetus Album?

• Total voters

-CC-

Something in My Eye
Jan 12, 2009
It's that time for another Favorite Album Poll..only because I'm like a year behind in getting Descend Into Depravity..and boy is it a fucking killer album!

Anyway I threw in Infatuation with Malevolence in the poll as well because it's such a great compilation album! But my final vote goes to Purification Through Violence because of the far superior drumming (although a couple of songs like "Nocturnal Crucifixion" are better on IwM)

Going to take flak for this but I prefer War of Attrition so far. Kiling on Adrenaline is good, but the vocals in the early DF albums detract from the music imo. IwM is good but again, the vocals detract on some songs.

The new album is pretty much "War of Attrition Pt. 2". Solid, but nothing spectacular.

Going to take flak for this but I prefer War of Attrition so far. Kiling on Adrenaline is good, but the vocals in the early DF albums detract from the music imo. IwM is good but again, the vocals detract on some songs.

The new album is pretty much "War of Attrition Pt. 2". Solid, but nothing spectacular.

I find it to be the other way around to be honest! I find IwM to have the best vocals out of all their albums, but find the horrid drumming to be what ultimately detracts from the album! iirc the vocalist did most of the drumming on IwM and then hired Kevin Talley (one of my all time favs) for PtF..

Seriously though, listen to the first 20 seconds of Bathe In Entrails on IwM and listen to his pedalwork :erk:

I'd actually disagree with that quite a bit. For "just a regular death band" Dying Fetus is fairly unique and immediately recognizable.

I'd actually disagree with that quite a bit. For "just a regular death band" Dying Fetus is fairly unique and immediately recognizable.

Forgot about this. I think being immediately recognizable, especially in extreme metal (per genre), is quite a feat. It should seperate bands into an upper tier of appreciation. But Dying Fetus regularly gets shat on by the majority of the board.

i only have WoA and DiD and i love both but WoA a little more. should get around to hearing their other albums properly.