Favorite Nile Album

Favorite Nile Album

• Total voters
Sometimes forums like this create undercurrents in their own world. I guess thats why alot of people just here think Nile are overrated. Flipping through the "Bands you like that everyone else hates" thread you can see a good example of this also. Alot of people list Opeth is that thread and they are among the most respected in the genre but just here, for whatever reason, they arent as popular.

I definately dont think Nile is an overrated band. For me its one of the best death metal bands out there. And really musical quality is highly subjective so I think its unneccesarry to be worked up because someone doesnt agree with our own opinions.

Well as a musician I can say that they definitely are among the best death metal bands due to the proficiency, efficiency, consistency, and technicality of their musicianship..yes that sounds gay but it's true..now take a band like Demilich, I think that their album Nespithe is probably the greatest death metal record released thus far (well at least top 5), however from a musical stand-point, Nespithe is inferior to every single Nile release.

All this tech death stuff that is done "for show" just gets boring even if its more amusing at first.

Nile does it in a unique way. But they seem to run out of ideas in the long run imo. I just keep hearing the same chugs at times. Even if it is amusing, its going to eventually get boring unless your really into improvised guitar riffs.

I respect Karl Sanders and the band for what they are, but they aren't that great for a tech death band tbh. Perhaps they are a little above standard but we all know theres way better bands than Nile out there.

They don't blow. But they are over-rated tbh...

You mean all this crap? Yeah nothing like some general blanket statements to prove how crappy they are

Listen, I'm not trying to convince you to like them, but to say that they are not some of the most technically proficient death metal musicians out there is just bullcrap..all the bands you mentioned have far less demanding musicianship, including Gorod. Now imagine flawlessly playing about 19 of these songs live, almost every day for months while being tired as fuck..oh and did I mention they don't have a dedicated singer either? Yeah he's singing while playing. If you read the booklet to AOTW, Karl Sanders puts a little note about practicing and recording The Burning Pits of the Duat, and how it almost hospitalized him lmao! Oh and as a drummer, I have to :worship: to Kollias, the man has conquered Roddy, sorry Krig! But seriously, 280 bpm on Kafir for an insane amount of time..271bpm on Papyrus...these are songs they perform live as well btw

Aite done ranting.

One of the best death metal bands out there? ROFLMAO!!!

I bet you actually didnt roll on the floor laughing your ass off. You're a LIAR!!! :D

Seriously, as I said opinions are subjective. You're allowed to not like Nile and I am allowed to think it is one of the best death metal bands around today. I listen to them and you dont - why bitch about it?

You mean all this crap? Yeah nothing like some general blanket statements to prove how crappy they are

Listen, I'm not trying to convince you to like them, but to say that they are not some of the most technically proficient death metal musicians out there is just bullcrap..all the bands you mentioned have far less demanding musicianship, including Gorod. Now imagine flawlessly playing about 19 of these songs live, almost every day for months while being tired as fuck..oh and did I mention they don't have a dedicated singer either? Yeah he's singing while playing. If you read the booklet to AOTW, Karl Sanders puts a little note about practicing and recording The Burning Pits of the Duat, and how it almost hospitalized him lmao! Oh and as a drummer, I have to :worship: to Kollias, the man has conquered Roddy, sorry Krig! But seriously, 280 bpm on Kafir for an insane amount of time..271bpm on Papyrus...these are songs they perform live as well btw

Aite done ranting.
Nice rant, I respect your opinion greatly. But I am sticking to my own. Sorry.

Also, I absolutely agree that Kollias deserves all the respect he has.

Technical =/= good. They are one of the most technical bands out there, I don't think that was ever called into question. Tbh I think they'd be better if they'd either go for straight technical stuff and drop the Egyptian stuff completely aside from the lyrics, or go back to being crazy epic and atmospheric. I was disappointed by the latest.