Favorite Nile Album

Favorite Nile Album

• Total voters
Dude JG neither of those bands are really sounding like Nile very much to my ears. Aeon of Horus sounds less like them to me than the other band even though they have that egyptian thing going.

Any band that sounds like Nile is just a copycat anyway...

I remember hearing an EP from a decent Nile copycat... but for the life of me cant remember the name of the band.

What the fuck is wrong with you people? In Their Darkened Shrines is so far ahead of every other album in every way...

AotW is good, but it's not really unique. If you remove the Egyptian song titles and lyrics, there's not much going on in the music that sounds Eastern. It's good, very good, but not really different from other tech-ish dm. The latest is the same thing, only more technical and less interesting. But In Their Darkened Shrines is a fucking masterpiece of highly atmospheric, evocative death metal with plenty of headbanging brutality and technical flair. You are all either faggots or simply haven't heard that album.

I am rehearsing my chanting of "There is no God but God!" while pumping my fist in the air

It will be glorious

Yeah, ITDS seems to me a perfect mix of the technicality of their new stuff with the great atmosphere and production of their old stuff. I love it, and it was also one of the first dm albums I ever bought.

In Their Darkened Shrines. Annihilation of the Wicked is cool, but it gets boring fast for me.

I own and have heard the following:

Black Seeds of Vengeance
In The Beginning
In Their Darkened Shrines
Annihilation of the Wicked
Ithyphallic
Those Whom the Gods Detest

I love Nile. One of my favorite death metal bands for sure. "In the beginning" isnt much though - its easily the worst. Ithyphallic is probably second worst but I do like it. However it was the wrong album at the wrong time and it seems most people thought so. There really isnt alot of memorable stuff on there. Not bad but just not that interesting.

Then I would rank Black Seeds of Vengeance and In Their Darkened Shrines close to eacother. Its been a while since I heard these so I dont want to rank them more closely. Both great albums though.

And then to my two favorites which are Annihlation of the Wicked and the latest one Those Whom the Gods Detest. Ive been listening far more to their latest album recently which is only natural since its the newer one. Im not sure which I would prefer though. AotW os very, very strong though so it might be that one but its a close call between the two for me.

Black Seeds has gotta be my favorite. Roddy on drums and the drum sound is so punchy. Love it! Cant hear the toms in the Kollias releases.
ITDS is badass too. AOTW is just as good.
not sure about TWTGD. It's still new. gotta give it some time.

edit: Ithy isnt all that great compared to the others.
Love seeing the band live. so fucking good! but they dont play St. Louis anymore, hell no one plays St. Louis anymore.

edit 2: another thing I really like about TWTGD is the fast punk beat George uses alot. really adds alot of aggression to the songs.

I remember you having Black Seeds as your avatar Krig..you should put it up again :) X-mas is over after all

Oh my fucking god :lol:

I never actually payed attention to what it was..just looked like santa behind some yellow backdrop..