• In Search Of Sunrise 4: Latin America

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In Search Of Sunrise 5: Los Angeles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

-CC-

Something in My Eye
Jan 12, 2009
So in the past couple of days I've been on a trance binge and have been relistening to Tiesto's In Search Of Sunrise collections..I'm not sure if these compilation albums are known enough here on UM to warrant a good poll, but I hope so!

Anyway my favorite by miles is In Search Of Sunrise 6: Ibiza..it's just so...perfect

You really should have included a "I'd rather saw my own head off with a blunt chainsaw than listen to tiesto for more than half a nanosecond" option.

Only, none of the songs are actually Tiestos

and yes I agree, Tiesto's own material is a complete waste of time..but he really has an ear for good trance from other artists

If you're into cheesy euro-trance then I'm sure it's great stuff. I prefer my trance with some meat & potatoes.

It's not euro-trance lol..it's very mellow, with a handful of more dance-able trance songs.. here are some examples

Last edited by a moderator:
I listened to the first two and parts of the rest and they sounded exactly as I expected. Light, fluffy, ultra melodic, predictable buildups, female vocals etc. It always surprises me when metalheads listen to such mainstream pedestrian music. There is soooo much better electronic music out there.

I wouldn't say it's ultra melodic at all (quite the contrary), light, fluffy? I find it to be very dark..and what's wrong with female vocals in trance? Finally, predictable buildups? Come on now, this is electronic music...how often do you come across UNpredictable buildups..in fact what is the point? Especially for a dance-track

BTW the vast majority of the artists on the ISOS compilations are completely unknown and only gain mainstream recognition through the fat "TIESTO" logo on the cover of each CD..however most of them seep back into obscurity except for people like Deadmau5...

So what's soooooo much better than this when it comes to mellow trance? and I'm not being sarcastic, I'm always looking to expand my library..in fact if you have any recommendations for Florida breaks (or breaks in general) and psytrance I'd be glad to hear them too.

I can't find a great deal of good stuff on youtube, but here's some progressive psytrance you may or may not like:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21VNqvqmEII&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21VNqvqmEII&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: