Favorite Nile Album

Favorite Nile Album

• Total voters

-CC-

Something in My Eye
Jan 12, 2009
Well, time for another dumb poll..but I've been playing loads of Nile recently because I'm going to see them in a couple of weeks! Was curious to see what album is everyone's favorite

And I included the last option for all the haters.

I also threw in In The Beginning, although not an LP, it's such a fucking good compilation album (their 2 early EP's combined)

A tie between the Mummy Returns and Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor.

I had no idea you didn't like Nile JG? You and me have similar taste (based on your sig at least) Kinda surprised me with that one!

I got bored with them. All this tech death stuff that is done "for show" just gets boring even if its more amusing at first. I prefer stuff like Gorod.

Nile does it in a unique way. But they seem to run out of ideas in the long run imo. I just keep hearing the same chugs at times. Even if it is amusing, its going to eventually get boring unless your really into improvised guitar riffs.

I've been thinking about seeing them, and giving that Las Vegas hardly ever has any shows I probably should go.

Anyways my favorite album, without a doubt, is AOTW; so damn awesome.

Theres plenty bands that sound exactly like Nile. Bands like Age of Horus and Carnophage. In fact Nile is probly at the same level as those bands and sounds exactly like them.

I've been thinking about seeing them, and giving that Las Vegas hardly ever has any shows I probably should go.

WHAT? House of Blues in Vegas gets bands in ALL the time! Everytime a band plays in HoB here in Hollywood, they almost always play in Vegas a day or two later

I respect Karl Sanders and the band for what they are, but they aren't that great for a tech death band tbh. Perhaps they are a little above standard but we all know theres way better bands than Nile out there.

One of the main reasons as to why I like Nile is because of the egyptian theme since I'm big on mythological concepts.

And I've always felt they were more straight death rather than tech death, bands like Necrophagist and Martyr sound much more "technical" than Nile IMO..so you are right in that aspect that they are not uber-technical..but do they really need to be?

we all know theres way better bands than Nile out there.

What's your point? Every band is inferior to one's favorite band no?

Black Seeds.

I've seen em live before with Arch Enemy. Gonna see em on Feb 10 in Houston with Immolation. Kinda more excited about Immolation tbh.

Annihilation of the Wicked. I like all of their albums though... and In the Beginning is really cool. (hearing those hoarse shouts are quite a change from now)