• Blink of an Eye

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters

dolphz

Black Heart
Aug 21, 2001
Elmhurst, Ill. USA
Visit site
I'm sure this has been done before, but I'm kinda new to this board and I would like to know what the fans here consider their favorite.

I have to go with Blueprint (although Wounded, Time Lost, and Blink of an Eye are right up there:) )

I really enjoy them all, but I'd say that Blink of an Eye doesn't require as many listens to appreciate, it has more dynamics and edge to it. I think my enjoyment of Enchant has grown with their albums, I like each album more than the last and never feel "Gosh, their last album was so much better", so in that regard I think they are doing a perfect job :).

Shawn

it'd be easy for me to say BoaE since I spin it most lately since its new. But I voted for Bluprint since its stood the test of time and I still love it. But really, every release I enjoy listeneing to. I could easily put all 7 (including Xen) on random and enjoy them.

actually i didn't know what i should vote for, but i decided for Break. I guess i could have easily voted for all of them. I just can't compare them in a 'better' kind of way, as all the albums seem to be too different in the approach (or maybe it's just me ;-)). Each of the CDs seems to be just right at how it does it.
Break is a CD that i think i can listen to not depending the mood i am in. I can just put it on and it's doing its magic. Works with all others most of the time as well, but..eh..had to decide for one, or not ? ;)

You guys are so cool! I know I don't get in here enough; I'm always too busy! It's very gratifiing to check in and find cool topics and discussions such as this one...Thanks gang!

Do I get a vote or is this strictly for the fans?

Well I'll put my 2 cents in for what it's worth.

To be honest, I'm torn. J9 or D10 is very close to my heart. I think there is some great songs on the record and it was the last time Paul & I worked together...we had a great time making that CD.

Blink...I think I like it better only because it's heavier in places and more melodic, my opinion - and there is a certain energy that Sean brought to the table as well. Not to mention Ted singing better than I've ever heard him, Ed kicking ass and the talented Phil Bennett smoking on the keys! I know it's cliche to say "Our new CD is the best one!" but I truly think that Blink is our best work to date.

There you have it

Stay cool y'all!

Doug

First off I have to say that once again you guys are just the best!

Sevlar and PM fan I really appreciate what you said there! That means a lot! You have no idea!

Hey I favor BOAE for many reasons and it would be a favorite only because of what it means personally and what we accomplished. I am extra critical of my playing but still love this one!

However from a fans perspective ?????? J9 or D10 is one of my all time favorites for any band! I rejoined the band after the disc was all but finished? or very close! I was a fan for that one only playing on Paint the Picture. But rejoining the band for many reasons as well! The direction of J9or D10 was just so perfect to me! There are some of the best songs I have ever heard on that one! I kept it in my CD player for months!

Blueprint will always be special as well because that was the first one! Had the production been better who knows how good that could have been! Thanks to Mr Rothery and Doug! it was saved!

Ed

Thanks for taking the time to post! Enchant has been a big part of my musical life for a while now, they/you are one of those very few bands that actually deserve repeated listenings. I find something new to enjoy and savor with each new listen. Thanks for bringing me so much enjoyment for my musical dollar! Now, if you guys would only play Chicago.....I know I could bring at least 10 or so people that I have turned on to you guys.
Keep up the great work.

I was actually disappointed with Juggling after Break
I would say "Break" overall is my fave Enchant album, c'mon it has My Enemy IMO the greatest song they have ever written, it hits the spot every time you listen to it

I am realy enjoying Blink of an Eye though, the first track is an awesome opener:)

Originally posted by dolphz
Schism, I must agree with you about My Enemy, that song really gets to me emotionally. Definitely one of my top 5 Enchant songs.

Yes... that is a great song...

My favorite from "Break" is "My Gavel Hand"... just so beautiful...

I have been addicted to Enchant the past couple weeks... listening to their albums over and over again and really immersing myself in the songs... I love them more than ever... it's amazing how many great songs Enchant has crafted...

I just voted for J9 or D10, but then I'm constantly listening to Blink... J9 was the first Enchant album I listened to in its jaw-dropping entirety. But even when it's not on my player, Blink plays--it's become a part of my brain's wiring! It's so cool that the band visits here, as well. Guys, your music has obviously impressed, involved, changed and amazed us all, and it's great to know we can in some small way show our gratitude! You've made it impossible to pick a favorite album--isn't that wonderful?? And with every listening of each album, there is so much more to hear...heaven!

Kristin~~viadragon

I really cannot make up my mind which is my favourite album...

But I think that Break was really a turning point in the history of the band, because from that point onwards Enchant has developped its own, unique style.
And whereas Botw and Wounded seem to be two totally different albums, the developmnet from Break over J9od10 to Blink seems to be more consequential to me...

Does anyone understand what I mean by this :)?

Guido

(I wish English was my first language!)