Favorite EQ Plugins

Honestly I have to say the Waves 'color' EQs (API, SSL etc.) are generally terrible. Painfully thin and digital sounding compared to any outboard, Nebula and even Duende.

I'm glad to finally be free of the Waves SSL pack.

I agree on the API and V-Series stuff. The SSL I don't mind but I use it in SMALL doses. The Duende CS I have not tried yet... shall do ASAP! =D

Honestly I have to say the Waves 'color' EQs (API, SSL etc.) are generally terrible. Painfully thin and digital sounding compared to any outboard, Nebula and even Duende.

I'm glad to finally be free of the Waves SSL pack.

Imo the api is extremly rich sounding?!?!?!
not in the lowend so much but a mid scoop and a high boost makes guitars for example extremly big.

The v-eqs are extremly creemy!!!

I cant understand your opinion, but maybe its just me

Was wondering the same thing. I'd imagine better plugins would color the sound a bit, but that sort of makes me wonder.....why? Don't you basically want transparency in an EQ?

Depends on what your going for, I think generally color eq's usually have a slightly more realistic eq curve that resemble something similar to that of analog gear and im sure they add analog characteristics to the sound as well when you boost, I'd say it probably be best to cut with a digital eq and boost with a color eq if possible.

SSL type EQs on the drum close mics (I use URS S or URS CSP),
Neve type EQs on overheads (most of the time it is URS CSP for me),
Pultec type EQ on bass (UAD Pultec Pro),
Neve type EQ on guitars if they need color or a clean eq, like the digidesign III if thinks need to be fixed,
API EQs on vocals if they need to be more aggressive, Neve EQs if they need more fatness