Favorite free eq plugins

denizdurdag

Feb 5, 2008
Ankara/TURKEY
www.studyo-d.com
Hi. I am looking for some free eq plugins What are your favorites?

I remember there is a thread with lots of links about this and I tried to search but it keeps saying something like "not enough words".

I never succeeded in searching for something in this forum anyway. Search function hates me.

Hi. I am looking for some free eq plugins What are your favorites?

I remember there is a thread with lots of links about this and I tried to search but it keeps saying something like "not enough words".

I never succeeded in searching for something in this forum anyway. Search function hates me.

vst = 3 letter word = not enough letters :loco:
sorry but: HOW DU S34RCH ? ¯\(°_o)/¯ (couldn't resist it :lol:)
Now.. let's talk seriously: ReaEQ, Bootsy EQII, DDMF IIEQ, some Antress (DON'T THROW ROCKS ON ME...), Signaltonoize (ACE)

Thank you very much.

By the way
equalizer=9 letter=enough letters. :heh:

Wait.I just figured out. I searched for "free equalizer eq plugin" or something like that. One word with two letters is enough for the error apparently. I feel stupid now. :lol:

I love simple shit cause I'm pretty dumb. Therefore, I've been digging voxengo's overtone EQ. I like eqs with individual band sliders better than those graph looking dealios. Fewer sliders the better, less chance to fuck something up royaly.

You can use the demo of voxengo's curve eq to see how fucked up your eq is versus something good, and do a 7-band match. then go into overtone and adjust the frequencies of the 7 bands to the humps and dips (on a pc you just right click I think, but on a mac you need to hold down command or something while you change it), do some db adjustments that mimics what curve's matching says. I've found that the db adjustments sound better if they are more like half of what curve is saying to do, if you go by ear too. example: curve says boost 3K by 4db, but 2db sounds better.

Not all albums seem to work well with curve. I've had great results with Reign in Blood for getting an overall EQ of a mix better.

Theres already a sticky on how to search properly using google instead of the in house search engine, which sucks balls.

Personally I use reaEQ on pretty much everything, I'm gonna delve into a few others but the simplicity and really good sound of the reaper one just has me always coming back when I try some of the others like electri-Q