Votes: 11 11.6%
  • Framing Armageddon

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

SavaVIDude

Savatage Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
Houston, Texas, USA, Earth
First off - WAY TO GO GLENN!! I've been waiting for this to happen since I started going to PP 4 years ago. I've seen IE with Barlow and Ripper and they fucking ROCKED both times!!

I have only included their main catalog - Left "greatest hits" and live CDs out. Have fun!! BTW - my fav. is Something Wicked.

Peace,
Chris :headbang:

Burnt Offerings - ironically, the first album I heard by the band which often tends to be one's favorite release when becoming a fan. Anyway, it's easily their darkest, most intense album, featured Barlow's debut and it's probably their most unique as well. Absolutely love it.

Jason

Stormrider, easy. The songs are the best on any Iced Earth record, the story is amazing, John Greeley is not the worst non-barlow singer they've had and he handles this album very well. The Barlow treatment on these songs with DoP is not at all bad, but i actually prefer the original (doesn't matter if it's true original or remasters) versions of the songs.

Overall i'm a barlow fan, but I just love Stormrider.

I think DARK Saga is a very close second to Something Wicked,and thats where the band peaked in my opinion and they've drifted since.

Stormrider, easy. The songs are the best on any Iced Earth record, the story is amazing, John Greeley is not the worst non-barlow singer they've had and he handles this album very well. The Barlow treatment on these songs with DoP is not at all bad, but i actually prefer the original (doesn't matter if it's true original or remasters) versions of the songs.

Overall i'm a barlow fan, but I just love Stormrider.

you left out the part about every riff sounding the same :lol:

Burnt Offerings for me.

First off - WAY TO GO GLENN!! I've been waiting for this to happen since I started going to PP 4 years ago. I've seen IE with Barlow and Ripper and they fucking ROCKED both times!!

I have only included their main catalog - Left "greatest hits" and live CDs out. Have fun!! BTW - my fav. is Something Wicked.

Peace,
Chris :headbang:

Aren't you glad I forced you to go see them in Houston a few years ago? HAHAHA! Now look at you - you're a regular fan boy!!!
:headbang:

Luv ya Turbo....
Ma

I'm going to abstain from this vote. I could make arguments on behalf of Dark Saga, Something Wicked and even Horror Show. The latter, because I think "Dracula" is the best song of all-time (not just Iced Earth... ever) and that "Wolf", "Damien" and Phantom of the Opera Ghost" are three of the best songs Iced Earth ever wrote. So while there's a ton of filler on that disc (though none of it terrible), those four songs lift that disc quite high.

Zod