Votes: 27 28.4%
  • Horror Show

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Glorious Burden

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • Framing Armageddon

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
Well, the Something Wicked trilogy is indeed amazing and I could see that helping plenty of voters. I'm willing to wager it's the album that got a lot of people into the band as well. It's really not all that surprising to me.

Jason

The debut.

Really I probably like the first three albums about equally, but out of those, the debut is the one that usually gets the least love, so I like to help it out a bit.

Every album after that contains songs that are up to the level of the first three albums (or even better), but the end-to-end consistency isn't as good (which isn't surprising, since the total number of songs began increasing).

Neil

I can't believe that "Something Wicked..." has so many votes.

"Night of the Stormrider" for me, with "Burnt Offerings" very close as second and "Dark Saga" third.

Stormrider, followed closely by Offerings.

If we do a poll on least favorite... Horror Show.

I had heard some Iced Earth before this album was released (mostly stuff from "The Dark Saga"), but I thought they were too harsh for my tastes. Once a co-worker of mine threw on "Horror Show," however, that all changed. It's probably the most melodic album they've done with Barlow, so that grabbed my attention right away. Since then, I've grown to appreciate their earlier material (though their original vocalist can't sing a single note).

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

I have a partiality towards the DARK SAGA as I'm a comic book nerd and Spawn is the main book I read...

I think "Dracula" is the best song of all-time (not just Iced Earth... ever)
Zod

You are not alone. That song is actually THE reason I was upset about Ripper being in the band. I saw them on the Glorious Burden tour, and Ripper just couldn't do the high-low-high switching. It made me cry. Even with him butchering it (only song he couldn't handle, btw) the song still gave me goose bumps.

I can't believe that "Something Wicked..." has so many votes.

Not me. It's the disc that's closest to the ProgPower sound. Everything before is more thrashy (not saying it's just thrash, it's thrashy), and everything after has some kind of problem: the filler heavy Horror Show and two discs after a controversial singer change (not to mention that the Glorious Burden just has some HUGE misses, Eagle Cries anyone?). Just seems like the album most fitting for this crowd.

Besides, Melancholy could be the second greatest song of all-time, and the Trilogy of the Wicked is just a freaking epic ride from start to finish.

Aren't you glad I forced you to go see them in Houston a few years ago? HAHAHA! Now look at you - you're a regular fan boy!!!
:headbang:

Luv ya Turbo....
Ma

Forced?? :loco: I already had SWTWC, goofball!! You didn't force me - I went of my own free will!! I haven't been called "Turbo..." in a long time!! :headbang: Thanx for the nickname!! C-ya in May!!

I, too, am a little surprised that SWTWC is leading by that much. My second fav is Dark Saga. I know this is weird, but when I need a lift, I listen to DS.

Chris :headbang:

You are not alone. That song is actually THE reasons I was upset about Ripper being in the band. I saw them on the Glorious Burden tour, and Ripper just couldn't do the high-low-high switching. It made me cry. Even with him butchering it (only song he couldn't handle, btw) the song still gave me goose bumps.
Yep. You hit the nail on the head. Tim and Matt are completely different. Tim struggled with Matt's lows and I suspect Matt will struggle with Tim's highs. Both are fantastic, just different. I feel fortunate to have heard Matt perform "Dracula" twice live. It was a flat out religious experience (which says something, seeing as how i'm an atheist). If they perform it at ProgPower, my head may implode.

Zod

Night of the Stormrider, for sure. Even though Barlow is my all-time favorite vocalist, Stormrider still comes in as my #1 IE album.

Followed closely by The Dark Saga.

Then again, I love all their albums save the s/t.

Yep. You hit the nail on the head. Tim and Matt are completely different. Tim struggled with Matt's lows and I suspect Matt will struggle with Tim's highs. Both are fantastic, just different. I feel fortunate to have heard Matt perform "Dracula" twice live. It was a flat out religious experience (which says something, seeing as how i'm an atheist). If they perform it at ProgPower, my head may implode.

Zod

I was really scared they might not play it, but now I'm happily comforted. I've been praying for a couple years to not hear "I avenge with darkness croooaaakk is the life" and "croooaak love I shall avenge".

As I continue to frequent this forum, I'm continuously surprised how similar many of our tastes are, Zod. At first, I imagined you as a potential mortal enemy.