Votes: 27 28.4%
  • Horror Show

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Glorious Burden

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • Framing Armageddon

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
I HATE that quote from The Omen. I can't listen to that IE song.

Chris

Fair enough. Completely disagree, but totally fair. Out of curiosity, is it that you dislike the part of the song or that you dislike the movie? I always found it interesting, but after seeing the movies and the quotes Jon drew from that to make the song, it really brought it to a whole new level for me and is easily one of my favorite iced earth songs.

While i've mentioned Stormrider is my fave, i agree with those who praise Horror Show so highly. Phenominal album with (in my opinion) very little filler. The only songs i don't really like are Jack (good song until the chorus which annoys me, but not even that bad of a track) and the awful Ghost of Freedom. Still, Dracula, Phantom, Damien, Wolf, Dragon's Child (not an epic or overly amazing song, but well written and fun)... those all more than make up for any shortcomings IMO. Great performance by Barlow once again all around.

Fair enough. Completely disagree, but totally fair. Out of curiosity, is it that you dislike the part of the song or that you dislike the movie? I always found it interesting, but after seeing the movies and the quotes Jon drew from that to make the song, it really brought it to a whole new level for me and is easily one of my favorite iced earth songs.

While i've mentioned Stormrider is my fave, i agree with those who praise Horror Show so highly. Phenominal album with (in my opinion) very little filler. The only songs i don't really like are Jack (good song until the chorus which annoys me, but not even that bad of a track) and the awful Ghost of Freedom. Still, Dracula, Phantom, Damien, Wolf, Dragon's Child (not an epic or overly amazing song, but well written and fun)... those all more than make up for any shortcomings IMO. Great performance by Barlow once again all around.

I truly don't remember the movies that well. I intensely dislike that part of the song. I can't figure out if Jon has a problem with God, or just organized religion.

Chris :headbang:

Fair enough. My understanding is Jon is not a fan of the church or organized religion. It isn't quite a Glen Benton-esque rant. But again, in defense of that segment of the song, it's straight from the movie. Religious preferences aside, it's a great representation of the series of movies which to me was the point of the album. But that's cool, not trying to convince you otherwise :D

Cheers :kickass:

I'm a fan of Ripper's, and although the Glorious Burden was my first IE album, I have listened to the others.

Still nothing gets me pumped like the greatness of the three tracks: Green Face, Attila, and Red Baron/Blue Max.

Well, "Dracula" got me into Iced Earth, and "Phantom Opera Ghost" got my best friend into the band (She was obsessed with Phantom of the Opera at the time, you see.)

So, while it's not their best work, I'm going to say Horror Show.

They actually played "Wolf" over the PA at school the other day (They have music going in the mornings while we wait for classes to start).