Favorite Kemper Profiles for Bass?

cfh11

Apr 25, 2012
Boston, MA
really loving the kemper lately for tracking bass and i especially like the idea of a mix ready tone with grit+body instead of using 2-3 tracks. what profiles (free or not) are your favorites?

I'm gonna have something from the BDDI available soon, some are in there that I even used and liked as only bass track in a mix...which is pretty rare for me.
here's one of them to check out...one of the more "mix-ready" I'd say, altho you'd need to adjust it to the bass of course...there's also a treble booster in there maybe, that
I like to use if I also blend in the low from the DI.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...Kemper Profile Packs/BDDI-Switchblade II.kipr

Personally I really dig the Ampegs from the free "The Amp Factory" bass package.

James' B7k slays too.

On the Rig Exchange, look for a pack of six B7K profiles by r.u.sirius, and some Gallien Krueger profiles labelled A,B,C,D,E - B7K #4 and the Gallien Krueger "C" are my go-tos.

Bump it up!

Will be recording guitars and bass for my new band's first album soon - anyone have any BASS profiles they dig and/or would recommend for (melodic) hardcore?

forgot to update this post... i got the sonicunderground bass pack and it slays. very easy to track bass and not much post processing needed at all.

Have you tried any of the already recommended here?

I have! Liked the Keith Merrow one mentioned, for example. Didn't get any paid ones yet though, so I thought before I do that I'll just ask again if there are maybe any new ones I need to check out!

Thanks everyone for the recommendations!