Favorite Musicians

Orlock

A Dream within a Dream
Aug 16, 2002
Brazil
Visit site
Hum..the musicians corner is very stopped,I think this thread is gonna shake it a bit.
Alright.Can you vote just 3 of your favorite musicians?
Composers,instrumentists,singers..the choice is yours.
I dont know mine..but I will vote for Romeo/Miller/Pinella for now,as I think they are my favorite composers in metal...

hum..3..that's hard.
Ok,so lets vote in our favorite 3 instrumentists in each instrument.

Keyboards: Mike Pinella,J. Rudess,Vitalij Kuprij
Drums: Neil Peart,Portnoy,Terry Bozzio
Guitar: MJR,Yngwie and Vinnie Moore.
Bass : Thomas Miller,Geddy Lee,Billy Sheehan[I hope soon Lepond will be in the list :) ]
Vocals: Russ Allen,Eric Martin,Dickinson

That was pretty hard too baby :lol:
Now..make your choice..
[as Kiske speech in the song Halloween :D ]

I'll play... :D
These are just my overall favs

Guitarist - SSV
Drummer - Portnoy or Peart... it's a toss up.
Keyboards - JR
Bass - Billy Sheehan
Vocalist - Can't pick *one* here either. I have too many and not just metal vocalists. Eric Martin, Allen, LaBrie, Billy Joel, Hetfield, Bono, SRV... Too many to name. :-D
Composer - SSV

Alden

Vocals- Russell Allen,Henning Basse, Cristina Scabbia
Guitars-MJR,Matthias Lange, The Guitarrist from Stratovarius i can't remember his name:confused: Richie Sambora(love his combination of feel and speed)Ola Frenning and Jason Becker dam i couldn't pick just 3:mad: Keys-Jens Johansson,Mike Pinnella,Jordan Rudess
Drums-Henry Ranta,Pete Hammoura,Mike Portnoy, Jason Rullo and Richard Christy damit again i couldn't pick 3 :mad:

Composers-Mozart,Beethoven,John Williams

Bass-Mike Lepond,Cliff,Myung

Guitarist - Michael Romeo, Arjen (ayreon), Stephan Forte

Drummer - Christopher McGuire, Jason Rullo, Bernard Purdie

Keyboards - Michael Pinnella, Erik Norlander, Arjen

Bass - Tony Levin, Jeff Palmer, Chuck Rainey

Vocalist - Floor Jansen, Lana Lane, Chris Cornell

Composer - Arjen, Michael Romeo/Sir Russell

Yeah you're right...

Didn't want to admit it though... though it would make me look geeky :lol:

Have transcribed parts though.. esp those cool arpeggios from FF8... they sound cool using sweep picking!!

Like they say... inspiration comes from anywhere and everywhere...

Originally posted by shredguitarman
Well said Ultimate....

Guess we can't call ourselves musicians compared to SX.....

hehe i didn't quite meant it that way it was more like a joke but oh well i think anyone with some talent and lots ass kicking practice can get to Syx level but only if you have the passion and dedication to an instrument:)

Yeah you right...

Just set up one of my guitars in D now so I can get practising...

It's an arse using the tabs off the site though... I know there's a book available but we need to start demanding that the music publishers transcribe the whole of V and DWOT and produce a really nice tab book... like the one's Vai produces.. there must be enough of us out there...

yeah i know what it feels like hehe it's a pain in the ass i download midi files from the site but they don't have all the songs so i gotta figure out how i can play a song that's not there:mad:and the tab book thing it's a great idea i wish it would come true :cry: and a book for keys oh man i'm dreaming:lol: :D

Originally posted by shredguitarman
what % of SX listeners are musicians do you reckon?? 50%? higher??

hehe i have no idea maybe 50 or 55 who knows if there are more but i think right now the people that are in this board not many of em' are musicians my opinion though i could be wrong but actual fans maybe around 55 or 60% or them i think are musicians it would be cool to make a pool of this who's musician and who's not:D

Neal Morse, Daniel Gildenlow and Jordan Rudess would make the perfect album for me but in terms of induvidual instrumentalists...

Vocalists: Daniel Gildenlow, Russell Allen, Neal Morse, James Labrie, Steve Walsh.
Guitars: John Petrucci, Michael Romeo, Daniel Gildenlow
Keyboards, Jordan Rudess, Kevin Moore, Michael Pinella, Neal Morse, Ryo Okumoto
Bass: John Myung, Billy Sheehan
Drums: Mike Portnoy, Terry Bozzio, Mike Mangini, Nick D'Virgilio