Favorite Nu-Metal bands?

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
Okay so I know Nu-Metal is considered to be really lame etc. But there have to be some nu-metal bands that you actually like even though you may not want to admit it. What are they?

I was just listening to a Nu-Metal band today and though it was pretty decent they are called Ultraspank:

I would say I really like the first SOAD a lot. Liked some of the Toxicity album but not much after that. I enjoyed the first Korn album and some of the first Slipknot album. I really enjoy most Sevendust albums. Not sure what other nu metal bands I would admit to liking =)

Last edited by a moderator:
i like SOAD, Linkin Park are a good pop-band imo, i like some of their songs, Amen are decent, otherwise Nu-Metal isn't my cup of tea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love SOAD but wouldn't class them Nu-Metal as such. I wouldn't know what to class them to be honest. Probably one of the more unique sounding bands that came out this last decade. Agreed they peaked with Toxicity. Mezmerise & Hypnotise were good but I felt they could've culled a few songs and made 1 killer album from that lot.

Daron (Malakian) other band, Scars on Broadway wasn't too bad actually. Kinda like a more radio friendly SOAD. Serj's first solo album was not too bad either.

Static-X had a few good songs I quite liked.

Some Slipknot too.

I hear good things about Sevendust but admit to never having heard any of their stuff.

I love SOAD but wouldn't class them Nu-Metal as such. I wouldn't know what to class them to be honest. Probably one of the more unique sounding bands that came out this last decade. Agreed they peaked with Toxicity. Mezmerise & Hypnotise were good but I felt they could've culled a few songs and made 1 killer album from that lot.

Daron (Malakian) other band, Scars on Broadway wasn't too bad actually. Kinda like a more radio friendly SOAD. Serj's first solo album was not too bad either.

Static-X had a few good songs I quite liked.

Some Slipknot too.

I hear good things about Sevendust but admit to never having heard any of their stuff.

Ah yes, Static-X is pretty bad ass. I love that first album Wisconsin Death Trip. Not sure I'd call them Nu-metal though. But they are really good. More of an industrial / metal band. Tony Campos their bass player is also in a band called Ascecino with Dino from Fear Factory, they are a mexican death metal band. He also was just on tour playing bass for Prong, and helped on the last Ministry album. Dudes everywhere!

Sevendust are one of my favorite bands of all-time. Yeah, I guess to most people, they are Nu-metal. But I don't like to call them nu-metal, because to me, the word 'nu-metal' is a synonym for 'generic,' and generic is something Sevendust has never been.

If Faith No More is nu-metal, then them. I have tickets for the Deftones coming up that my sensei bought for me, his chick, him and his chick's sister. They got a limo and all since it's in Baltimore. I used to like the Deftones. He was playing their new album for me the other day and I loathed it. I don't know how I'll stand going. Plus, his chicks sister is interested in me. It sounds like a night from hell.

Can't really think of any nu-metal bands that I like to be honest.

I bought a Limp B album way back, and enjoyed listening to it for a moment, but quickly grew tired of it and sold it to a second hand store.

I've always liked Deftones, and I guess they were considered a part of the nu-metal wave in the beginning, but they seem to have successfully distanced themselves from the genre.

I also bought the first two releases by Incubus, but they went totally bollocks by their third release and I eventually found the albums that I bought to be really annoying.

And Korn? Debut album was inventive enough, but the following releases just turned the band into a cliché. Davis' wallowing in his own self pity made grunge seem happy-go-lucky, and despite the band attempting to "keep it real" it quickly became unlikely that Jonathan was as troubled as he was trying to make his listeners believe.

Pitchshifter were pretty good, though.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNlec-Tu8rY&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4YUT6J4zuk&feature=related[/ame]

Edit: Seems like Pitchshifter are working on a new release after having been on hiatus for a couple of years.

Can't really think of any nu-metal bands that I like to be honest.

I bought a Limp B album way back, and enjoyed listening to it for a moment, but quickly grew tired of it and sold it to a second hand store.

I've always liked Deftones, and I guess they were considered a part of the nu-metal wave in the beginning, but they seem to have successfully distanced themselves from the genre.

I also bought the first two releases by Incubus, but they went totally bollocks by their third release and I eventually found the albums that I bought to be really annoying.

And Korn? Debut album was inventive enough, but the following releases just turned the band into a cliché. Davis' wallowing in his own self pity made grunge seem happy-go-lucky, and despite the band attempting to "keep it real" it quickly became unlikely that Jonathan was as troubled as he was trying to make his listeners believe.

Pitchshifter were pretty good, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNlec-Tu8rY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4YUT6J4zuk&feature=related

Edit: Seems like Pitchshifter are working on a new release after having been on hiatus for a couple of years.

I used to have an album called Submit by Pithshifter. It was really heavy industrial type shit. Kind of like godflesh etc. About 4 years later i heard them and they sounded like a completely different band. Was a trip.

Could we class Soulfly as nu-metal???

I don't consider them that but for me they have some fantastic stuff... I actually prefer a lot of their stuff to post-Max Sepultura to be honest.

:devil:

That is my exact problem with nu-metal. When it first came out I was open to most of it, gave it a chance and even got into some of it. I thought Coal Chamber's "Loco" video was great.

But all those bands I thought were alright, like CC, Limp Bizkit, Staind, Disturbed, Korn....I stopped listening to them about three weeks after they came out and have never felt any desire to listen to them again. The songs had no longevity.

I blame a lack of fucking guitar solos!