Favorite or most memorable drum intros

Jun 25, 2004
You don't have to like them but which ones you think are more memorable or are your favorites? These 3 come to mind for me for now:

Twisted Sister - Were not going to Take it
Led Zeppelin - Rock n Roll
Van Halen - Hot for Teacher
Pink Floyd - Time

since it doesn't say the most complex then i guess it doesn't matter how hard it is to play. i'd say
judas priest- painkiller
rolling stones- honky tonk woman
quiet riot- cum on feel the noize

Welcome Home - King Diamond
Raining Blood - Slayer ;)
Where Eagles Dare - Iron Maiden
Indians - Anthrax
Discontinued - Death Angel

more to come....

I too like the Scott Travis drumming on "Painkiller," but I also love the intro for Fight's "Nailed to the Gun" or "Into the Pit"... I also love Frank Beard's simply yet effective intro to ZZ Top's "It's Only Love" a great tune with a dash of tang to it.
As far as classic drum intros you can't beat Sweet's "Ballroom Blitz"...

1)"Don't Let'Em Grind Ya Down" - Motorhead (Philthy groove)

2) "Gangland & The Prisoner" - Iron Maiden (Clive Burr - brilliant!)

3)Can't recall the song name right now - but the intro/first song on Death's "Human" album had Sean Reinert's excellence on display.

...that's off the top - will have to think on it.

HA! Sixx ya beat me to it... Sweet's Ballroom blitz and also somewhat the same would be Golden Earring's Radar Love, gotta love the middle drum beat on that one.

Tommy Aldrich - drum beat intro for Black Oak Arkansas - Hot n' Nasty
Atomic Rooster - Sleeping for Years its a cool guitar intro but when Paul Hammond kicks in on drums it really gets your attention

Not my favourite but the simple symbal bashing at the start of, the live version of, The Trooper... something about it is just... awesome.