favorite overkill album?

There are two types of OVERKILL fans I believe One side really Digs the stuff from Decay and down and the other ..... ME hahaha Prefers Years of Decay and up .... cept for Horrorscope .... it has some of my favorite songs ... but I really dont like the Production

I must be the only one here who likes Horrorscope. Also, Wrecking Your Neck, Taking Over, Bloodletting, and I really like the last 2 albums, Killbox 13 and RelixIV. Those are the ones I have so I can't say I have a favorite since I haven't heard the rest of their albums :)

I only know Taking Over, and I like that album quite a lot. However, Overkill: I ´ve seen them on festival (I think it was Bang your Head, Bahlingen/ Germany in 2004 or 2003). To me that was just a lot of shit. Sorry, but all I heard was FUCK FUCK FUCK for about 45 minutes. Pretty sad. They do make good music I find, but those are the kind of bands that make people in the world outside of Heavy Metal think all metal fans are dumbheads. Don´t get me wrong, I know a lot of people that love Overkill, and they are just fine people. I have a problem with the bands trying to sell with extremes that are just stupid. That is my personal feeling. It reflects badly on all the other metal bands and especially fans. Many of you will say "who fuckin´cares ?", well, I do. I am just not that cool.

Cold Gin said:
I only know Taking Over, and I like that album quite a lot. However, Overkill: I ´ve seen them on festival (I think it was Bang your Head, Bahlingen/ Germany in 2004 or 2003). To me that was just a lot of shit. Sorry, but all I heard was FUCK FUCK FUCK for about 45 minutes. Pretty sad. They do make good music I find, but those are the kind of bands that make people in the world outside of Heavy Metal think all metal fans are dumbheads. Don´t get me wrong, I know a lot of people that love Overkill, and they are just fine people. I have a problem with the bands trying to sell with extremes that are just stupid. That is my personal feeling. It reflects badly on all the other metal bands and especially fans. Many of you will say "who fuckin´cares ?", well, I do. I am just not that cool.

I dont know how you heard Fuck for 45 mins 99% of their songs they dont use the word at all ... I really think you should try exploring their cataloge ... you might then see why those of us who love them, love them .... I'm not trying to flame you I just think you should hear more of their music before you pigonhole them .... and besides most Heavy Metal Bands Say "Fuck" quite often ... that and there is also the "New Jeresy/New York" Attitude to take into consideration ... I really dont think they are trying to sell themselves with the word Fuck

Cold Gin said:
Hmm, well, I was there too (2003). I even remember meeting you at the festival ;)

But I think you got confused by their last song which was "Fuck You" indeed. I still have the setlist written somewhere and the rest of the show wasn't so full of "fuck". Actually I'm pretty sure that Twisted Sister later in the night said "fuck" a lot more, thanks to Dee Snider :D
I also remember that gig because Blitz & the guys played during the hottest time of the day, the weather was hotter than hell and Overkill's crushing set almost finished me :zombie:

Seriously, most Overkill lyrics are more mature (and darker) than "Fuck You", it's only one song expressing their state of mind when they wrote it.

Peace :cool:

Yeah, we met that´s right. Marlies forced us to run around with the Brainstorm giveaways :err: .

Well, I don´t know, maybe you are right, I am wrong. But everytime I hear Overkill I think about that concert, and that is what I remember. Maybe it was the heat ....

Cheers

Cold Gin said:
Yeah, we met that´s right. Marlies forced us to run around with the Brainstorm giveaways :err: .

You know Marlies? LOL that sounds like her. :lol:
I know her since the mid 80s when she was a regular at the Dynamo pub.
We're still in touch. Her husband Nico is a very cool guy and a great photographer.

Hawk said:
You know Marlies? LOL that sounds like her. :lol:
I know her since the mid 80s when she was a regular at the Dynamo pub.
We're still in touch. Her husband Nico is a very cool guy and a great photographer.

I actually came to UM from the Brainstorm website. Marlies is pretty active for Brainstorm. Flo, Marlies and I met at that festival 2003, but only talked about 10minutes before we all got lost trying to spread the giveaways. Don´t think she would remember me. Anyway, was fun to meet some peolpe from UM.

Cold Gin said:
I actually came to UM from the Brainstorm website. Marlies is pretty active for Brainstorm. Flo, Marlies and I met at that festival 2003, but only talked about 10minutes before we all got lost trying to spread the giveaways. Don´t think she would remember me. Anyway, was fun to meet some peolpe from UM.

Well, it good to have you here :)

carnut said:
Are you coming to KIT in November ??? There will be "some" UMOS-ers there !!

Now, that would be cool. However, that would be on short notice. I have business visitors the week before and after, and don´t know yet what the plans are regarding "entertaining" :loco: ... they are not metal fans unfortunately .... but yes, if I can make it I will be there.