Favorite RARE album you own?

Yeah, I've got the Emperor/Enslaved split, too.

Another one I forgot to mention is Vicious Rumors Word of Mouth, because it was made right before Carl Albert's death, I had to buy it directly from the band, and I never see it listed anywhere anymore. Vicious Rumors has always been hit and miss for me, but there are a few good songs on that album and it never really saw the light of day. Very cool packaging, and a nice VR sticker was included too.

--S

I don't really know what's rare or not, but I guess next cd's (orignials) aren't easy to find anymore.

Aborted - The purity of perversion (Uxicon release)
Ancient Rites - The diabolic serenades
In Flames - Lunar strain
In Flames - Subterranean
Dismember - Pieces
Eucharist - A velvet creation
Beherit - Drawing down the moon
Darkthrone - A blaze in the northern sky
Mayhem - Deathchrush
Excretion - Voice of harmony
Fester - Winter of sin
Rotting Christ - Thy mighty contract

Vital Remains-Let Us Prey
Jag Panzer-Ample Destruction/Tyrant EP
Gorguts-The Erosion Of Sanity
Immolation-Dawn Of Possession
Ripping Corpse-Dreaming With The Dead
Coroner-Deathcult
Megadeth-Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good!(original version with These Boots)
Darkthrone-Transilvanian Hunger(with Norsk Arisk Black Metal on the back)

I know there's more, but I can't think that well right now.

Soon I'll have(HOPEFULLY)
Vital Remains-Into Cold Darkness
Watchtower-Engergetic Disassembly

Arcane Sun- Arcane Sun
Armagedon- Crossing the Rubicon
Asphyx- The Rack
Asphyx- Crush the Cenotaph
The Chasm- Procreation of the Inner Temple
The Chasm- From the Lost Years
Dawn- Sorgh Pa Svarte Vingar Flogh
Diabolicum- The Killing Spree 1.5
Die Verbannten Kinder Evas- Come Heavy Sleep
Eucharist- Mirrorworlds
Golden Dawn- The Art of Dreaming (on Dark Matter Records)
Graveland- Epilogue + In the Glare of Burning Churches
Odyssey- Odyssey
Primordial- A Journey's End (on Misanthropy)
Solefald- The Linear Scaffold
Ulver- Silencing the Singing
Ulver- Silence Teaches you How to Sing
Vehemence- The Thoughts From Which I Hide
Various Artists- Austrian Black Metal Syndicate: Norici Obscura Pars

Yeah, it's really hard to tell what is rare and what is not. Especially for me, cause I never gave a fuck about how rare something is but only how good it is. But I guess these are not so easy to find anymore:

Bolt Thrower - The Peel Sessions
Cynic - Focus
Demolition Hammer - Tortured Existence
Demolition Hammer - Epidemic Of Violence
Disincarnate - Dreams Of The Carrion Kind
Exhorder - Slaughter in the Vatican
Exhorder - The Law
plus a vinyl-version of Sodom's Obsessed By Cruelty and a Picturedisc of their Expurse Of Sodomy-EP

Tool - untitled picture vinyl with Sober, Opiate, Prison Sex, and... one more song, forgot which one.
Future Sound of London - Dead Cities w/ 196 page booklet
Future Sound of London - ISDN original release w/ foldout packaging.
Cradle of Filth - Cruelty and the Beast gravestone edition
Danzig III - limited box set w/ video
Carcass - Tools of the Trade EP
King Crimson - lots of those 30th anniversary vinyl-styled CDs

These must be my favorites because they're all I can think of right now.

Bodylouseuk said:
.....Interesting.......verrrrry interesting......

Major cash, eh, ........eBay here I come.......

...any idea what I should start the bidding at...
It depends on what version it is. The DSP, which came out in '93, usually goes for around $75-$150 I think. The original version, which came out in 1000 copies in 1987, (on some obscure label I can't remember the name of right now) is much rarer! I've only seen it at Ebay once and it got sold for £235!! I think I've seen it once more there, but it didn't get sold (reserve).
You should take this into consideration as well as the condition of the record. According to the English magazine Record Collector a record in mint condition is twice as valuable as a record in very good condition. It's hard to find a mint condition record and if you played it more than once (and the record played absolutely 100% perfect with not a single amount of noise on the entire record) it isn't in mint condition anymore!

On subject; I also have a fully autographed Mayhem "Mediolanum capta est" picture disc!
I also have that Darkthrone cd with "Norsk arisk black metal" on the back. It's not that super rare though. Maybe $25 or something. I also have no. 2 out of 1000 of Arcturus' "Aspera hiems symfonia". It would of course have been more fun if it had been no. 1, but I still think it's pretty fun to have no. 2 (although it doesn't matter shit).
I also have my biggest idol Lee Hazlewood's first lp "Trouble is a lonesome town" in the original first print (stereo) from 1963. A guy I know sold it for 350 Kroner (approx. $51), but I saw the mono copy (was advertised to be in near mint condition, but I doubt that) on Ebay get sold for $112.50. I kind of paid that amount in Kroner on Ebay in Germany, so that was nice! :).
I also have his "20th Century Lee" from 1976. It was sold at Ebay a couple of weeks ago for $107.50. I also have his "Movin' on" from '77 and I paid 20 Kroner for that one (approx. $3). It was sold at Ebay yesterday for $52.70! In Denmark it usually books for 150 Kroner ($22).
I wouldn't consider any of these records among the best I have though. The "Movin' on" lp is a terrible record. The only good stuff on it had already been released on "Forty" and "Requiem for an almost lady".
I've also just seen another record by the Maestro himself get sold at Ebay. You might want to check the price out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2510737627&category=1598

Autopsy-Mental Funeral(original digi-pack)
Behemoth-From The Pagan Vastlands
Behemoth-Sventevith(Storming Near The Baltic)
Behemoth/Damnation-And The Forests Dream Eternally/Forbidden Spaces split cd
Blood-Impulse To Destroy
Blood-O Agios Pethane
Blood-Christbait
Blood-Mental Conflicts
Blood-Depraved Goddess
Bolt Thrower-In Battle There Is No Law
Cancer-To The Gory End
Carnage/Cadaver-Dark Recollections/Hallucinating Anxiety split cd
Dawn-Sorgh Pa Svarte Vingar Flogh
Demigod-Slumber Of Sullen Eyes
General Surgery-Necrology
Immolation-Stepping On Angels Before Dawn
Morbid-December Moon mcd(Reaper Records w/different cover lim. to 500 done as tribute to Dead)
Morbid-Live From The Past(cd-r)
Poison/Morbid-Into The Abyss/December Moon split cd(cd-r)
Pungent Stench-For God Your Soul...For Me Your Flesh(original +10 bonus tracks)
:devil: