Favorite Song From The Green Album?

Favorite Song From The Green Album

• Shards Of Love

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Everything I Touch Turns To Gold (Then To Coal)

• By The Time You Read This (I Will Already Be Dead)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I Was Buried In Mount Pleasant Cemery

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Dirty Window Of Opportunity: "Can You Get Here In 10 Days?"

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • And I Am Pining (For You)

• Wet Leather

• Suicide Cargoload (Drag That Weight)

• Halves And Quarters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You Are Here With Me (In This Sequence Of Dreams)

• Retrosleep In The Morning Calm

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Don't Open The Wound; / Skywide Armspread

• Natural Technologies

• Mirror Reflection & The Hammer Reinvention

• To Long Life, In The "Limbo Union"

• Move On! (The Woman Will Always Leave The Man)

• Total voters

phantomfreak

WoY Supporter
Nov 22, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
Since there is a thread for your favorite song for every other Woods album, I decided to make one for The Green Album as well.

As of right now I would have to say my favorite song is Dirty Window Of Opportunity: "Can You Get Here In 10 Days?", with I Was Buried In Mount Pleasant Cemetery at a close second. However this will probably change multiple times over the years.

For me right now its a 4 or 5 way tie, haha. Mirror Reflection & The Hammer Reinvention, Everything I Touch Turns To Gold (Then To Coal), Shards of Love, By The Time You Read This (I Will Already Be Dead) etc.... Honestly there is no way I can vote just yet :p

The lyrics of Don't Open hit really hard. My best friend just about killed himself very recently and I made him listen to the song. It's songs like this that feel like they were written for the events in my life. Thank you, Mr. Gold. I don't think my friend will open the wounds anymore.

Although I voted for DOtW, I LOVE DWoO. And Shards. And shit, I can't list ALL the songs here. The album is brilliant, what can I say?

And damn it! Dirty Window makes me want to go live in a foreign country for a while...

Love Buried in Pleasants Cemetary.

It also immediately brought to mind a legend from these parts. The legend of The Mothman and the bridge that collapsed, sending 46 people to a watery grave, buried unceremoniously under rubble and water, in a place called Pleasant.

I like all of them, but I voted Suicide Cargo load since I seem to have listened to it the most.

Mirror's Reflection & The Hammer's Re-Invention has now become my favorite, initially it was Natural Technologies. Other highlights include - And I am Pining (For You), Shards of Love and Dirty Window Of Opportunity.

Hey DG, if you're reading this, and had to pick a favourite track... which one would you go with? :p

In my opinion it's impossible to really pick a favourite. I work out of town and for the entire shift so far I've listened to Woods IV back to back every day, and I work twelve hours a day. It is a master piece, I love the whole thing start to finish.

I voted for And I Am Pining (For You) because it deserves a vote!

It's a tie though still and I think it will always be a toss up between Shards Of Love, Everything I Touch Turns to Gold (then to Coal), By The Time You Read This (I Will Already Be Dead), And I Am Pining (For You) and Mirror Reflection & The Hammer Reinvention.

I love Dirty Window Of Opportunity but I can't understand why that one has a lot of votes, I think most of the album is a lot better.

Everything I Touch Turns to Gold (then to Coal), by all means. The music itself conveys such a crushing hopelessness. It's simply perfect. And the lyrics? I know these lyrics all too well.

Suicide Cargoload comes in a close second. Oddly enough, it mildly reminds me of Agnostic Front.