Raising 'Green' ($) for WOODS 4! - Project #1

Hmm... maybe a live track or ep on iTunes for Project #2?

Oh man, I would like to...but I sometimes feel that I can only write new songs as part of whole albums. Over the years I've considered LOTS of e.p. CD type projects or 'one-off' new WOODS tracks, and obviously, NONE of them have ever become reality. It might start with an idea that becomes one track, then one ends up being two, then I think, if I can do two why not 4-5, and eventually it rolls into an album. I think it would really be a challenge for me to write one new Woods song that was separate from everything else...it would be a strange, lost song to me, disconnected from the rest. I'd keep wanting to include it in the next album to give it a part in a bigger piece of work.

We'll see...some people have caught on that I intend to do a total or four (4) "Raising Green ($)" promotions before the album comes out. We have our ideas, but are still undecided on at least two of them and therefore still open to suggestions.

...the new songs CRUSH though. Bryan Belleau and I have been tabbing them out all week. Believe it! :heh:

DG - \w/ :kickass:

^ BAH so excited. Keep forgetting my money, just so busy, most definitely will, really want the newsletter :) Absolutely can't wait for a test of this new stuff :D My old "Ontario Town" shirt is getting old, might be time to roll out some new Woods shirts for spring too :p

Hey Dave,

Maybe instead of composing new music you could record a handful of cover songs (taking ideas from that old thread where you asked for some suggested cover songs)? Just a thought.

Gonna send you money tomorrow like I had told you. Hope #66 is still available!! :headbang:

Maybe instead of composing new music you could record a handful of cover songs (taking ideas from that old thread where you asked for some suggested cover songs)? Just a thought.

Doing covers has also been long discussed in the Woods camp over the years. We came close do finally doing some again recently this year, but when strategically using time and money wisely, capturing new material and getting a NEW album out takes priority when inspiration has struck! We will record those covers eventually, and the longer we have to wait, the more experienced we'll be when it finally fits the schedule and the better they'll turn out! All in good time during the long life of the indy band. :kickass:

So, is there any story behind this Bathory tribute? Were you ever opted to contribute a song, or was it a total mistake?

I keep freaking forgetting to do this! Hopefully tomorrow I'll remember, lol More than likely

Waiting for the money to transfer.

Perhaps a green based woods logo sticker? With some sorta green plasma glow to it. just a thought cause im not a big button person and would still pay 5 bucks for a sticker of that greatness :kickass: Regardless, i'll support!