Favorite Song?

Daylight Dies and Katatonia are bands where all songs rock in my opinion, but definately "The Line that Divides", the middle part simply rocks... By the way, all your "middle parts" rock! lol

i like unending waves because it is emotonal and it takes me back to time in life where all i knew was pain and sorrow. but i don't take as a negative aspect i take it as a positive aspect because it shows how far i've come. can't wait to hear the new material. i hope to see guys play live in the future. keep making kick ass music

a tough one.. i think i'd choose "minutes pass"; the title, as well the song bring strange feeling of weightlessness and kinda mental-time-out..
it's highly varied, the structure is based on so many very well layered tonalities, real emotional twists (most evident from 4:30min on..), i like it this way best!
btw "four corners" is just a hammer!

I'm suprised i haven't replied to this thread yet :err:. My favorite song would have to be Forfeiture Of Life.

"I have never thought, never pretended
that i deserved more than this
if you'd only ask, i'd give it all back
a forfeiture of life - my life"

...pure genius :D. My second favorite song would be between Stronger Days and Four Corners.

I would have to go with who ever said Unending Waves. That has to be my favorite song of all the songs from Daylight Dies that I have heard so far. It's not just the tune that grabs me but even more so, the lyrics. I just drift away from everybody and everything when I hear it. I feel like I am a part of Guthrie when he sings it. His voice to me, is like a sedative. I am so calm when I hear that song. And as much as I love the rest of the disc, that one song just sticks out.

"I have memories, clouded by sorrow of a time in life when blood ran through my veins. But these walls keep closing, suffocating. And now I'm trapped beneath the weight of my own loss. In the company...of my misery I gasp for air, only to drown again. Unending waves of memories. Lifes only gift bestowed to me...regret."

You can't even say that He didn't put his whole heart into that. Nor could you say that everyone else didn't put their soul into the tune of that song. Don't be shy or embarassed to laugh at me. Go ahead. I want to see what kind of response that this gets.

Guthrie's Loving Demon said:
"I have memories, clouded by sorrow of a time in life when blood ran through my veins. But these walls keep closing, suffocating. And now I'm trapped beneath the weight of my own loss. In the company...of my misery I gasp for air, only to drown again. Unending waves of memories. Lifes only gift bestowed to me...regret."
yeah, that.. and:

"regret, every moment marks a breaking of my heart, and now i'm left alone with this ghost that i've become, for years i've built this monument of pain, i must find a way to never feel again"

Unending Waves :headbang: