4 songs not enough

Darth Kur

Misanthropic Naysayer
Dec 3, 2002
NC, Vinland
Visit site
I just got back from the show in Spartanburg, SC in which Daylightdies got to play, albeit a very short set. The venue had both stages active and there was no coordination whatsoever. In fact it was such a total clusterfuck that when Daylightdies was getting ready to play Malevolent Creation went on blasting sound through the open archway and drawing away about a third of the audience. I stood for quite a while until the band left the stage. They decided to wait until MC was done. After that they started playing immediately without a pause to get to one room to the next (I assume they were getting rushed). The played great and it was very refreshing to hear something so diverse and intelligent. But the real pisser was that they played a grand total of four, yes count them 4 songs and then the rug was yanked out from under them. FUCK!!! They were the band I was most looking forward to seeing, out of 7.
And also sad to say there's no other gigs anywhere remotely close in the foreseeable future.
But like I said they sounded great and those four tunes were very enjoyable. If you get the chance to see them don't miss out even if it is a brief encounter.

What you say is true, but we had a great time despite these facts. We weren't even aware until we arrived that we'd be playing on this secondary stage, and have to squeeze in as much material as possible in basically 30 minutes or less. At least the area we played in seemed pretty packed with people.. and I'm sure it was a dose of something different for the average CC fan. Sorry you travelled so long and we weren't able to continue for longer... but hopefully the next time we're in your area I'm sure we'll have a longer set. Thanks for coming out.

Jesse,
No need to apologize man. I know these things happen. I'm just glad that I got to see the band perform live. I'm sure it was an eye opener to a lot of the average death metal fans there for a Cannibal Corpse show for sure. Hopefully next time that your around you'll get a more even break.
It's a damn shame you all left the Asheville area but like I mentioned to Barre that night I understand why. The scene sucks ass. I can't seem to get a project together myself and if I do there will not be anywhere really to play out at. Not locally anyway. I think a move to Europe is in order. The US is such a lame trendy place anyway. If something is not "in" then it is totally ignored. Fuck that. It's nice to see some people over here have the ability to follow their visions and do as they feel rather than being a typical lemming and following the ignorant masses right over the cliff of their deserved damnation. :D
I most definitely look forward to seeing you all live again and eagerly anticipate further inspiring material in the future.