Votes: 7 17.5%
  • The Eigth Day

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Secrets of Flight

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Unchanging

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
I voted for Sedation, though it's a tough decision.

Sedation has all the elements combined perfectly. And man, how I love the rythm section during the guitar solo.

Sun Caged is an incredible compilation of huge crunchy riffs... awesome! and the verse has a Faith no More influence to die for.

Home is incredible too, one of my particular favorites of the record. Soil's heaviness is also very effective. Hollow has a very catchy chorus and an the begging of the solo would justify buying the record. While I enjoyed the new "look" of Closing in, specially those very Enchant-like chorus ending lines, the renewed version of The Eight Day hasn't grown on me very much and, actually it would be the only point that I would consider as "not good beyond belief" in the whole album.

The last two, the powerful progmetal tour de force Secrets of Flight and the gentle Unchanging are also highlights.

I'm still veeeeeeery impressed by the great quality (at all levels from composition to musicianship to production, ....) of this debut album... can't wait for new material!

Cheers!

It's a tough choice... because EVERY song is great! But I chose "Unchanging"... it is such a lush and beautiful ballad... with great piano... soaring vocals during the chorus and a fantastic guitar solo.

"Closing In"........just something about that very melodic keyboard playing that just hits me every time! Also, I feel the singing in it compared to other tracks has a little more "feeling". Or in other words it just seemed that Andre had more emotion towards this song.