Favorite songs?

Or let the thread die and made your opinion clear in one of the other currently active threads.

The way this forum works is that threads aren't really used for their stated purpose, so if a thread is dying don't resurrect it. There's only 3 or 4 conversations that happen on here anyways.

Or let the thread die and made your opinion clear in one of the other currently active threads.

The way this forum works is that threads aren't really used for their stated purpose, so if a thread is dying don't resurrect it. There's only 3 or 4 conversations that happen on here anyways.

Those 3-4 conversatiosn are really just one spread over multiple threads too. They go something along the lines of:

Hey WAIF, fuck you.

See how that works new guy?

1. Artifacts of the black rain
2. Stand ablaze
3. Pacing the death's trail
4. The quiet place
5. Sleepless again

Small edit, I noticed that Vanishing light is not that interesting really except for few parts.

Vanishing Light pisses all over 3-5 in your list... how can you say that VL isn't interesting and then pick Pacing Death's Trail, which is probably the most straightforward, non-standout song on Come Clarity? :D

tbh Pacing Death's Trail is better than Vanishing Light...as are the other two. Vanishing Light is solid, but Pacing Death's Trail is definitely better.

I disagree entirely. PDT is one of the simplest songs off Come Clarity, one of the filler songs, which VL is not.

Vanishing Light is also a very good live track, full of energy and melody. Haven't heard PDT live but neither would I really want to, I think it'd be pretty boring.

I disagree entirely. PDT is one of the simplest songs off Come Clarity, one of the filler songs, which VL is not.

Vanishing Light is also a very good live track, full of energy and melody. Haven't heard PDT live but neither would I really want to, I think it'd be pretty boring.

You need to listen alot.

I didn't first like PTDT because it didn't stand out that much, but the song is like one of the most agressive songs on the album, Vanishing light is good but it's just the awesome intro which makes it stand out, other parts are pretty much like all other shit on the album (which=nice stuff anyway).

when it comes to writing lazy and uninteresting lyrics pacing deaths trail is only slightly above scream

Pacing Death's Trail

Compassion.
Confession.
It's all a compromise.

Dedication.
Domination.
Please define the lines.

Irritation.
Innovation.
Paired up to succeed.

Totalization.
Termination.
Fake smiles and greed.

Surrender to nothing.
Or run, as far as you can
I'm trying to hold on to what I believe in,
But my heart is in a coma!

Aggression.
Attention.
A need to be seen.

Directed.
Disrespected.
Stand in a line to be thankful
OBSCENE

Surrender to nothing.
Or run, as far as you can
I'm trying to hold on to what I believe in,
But my heart is in a coma!

Scream

We are ordinary people,
We all live different lives
In the end we're pretty much the same
We're just living in different lies
We just live in different lies! [x2]

They scream, You scream, I scream
We scream but no one listens

Abuse to feel superior,
Is it working for you?

They scream, You scream, I scream
We scream but no one listens

Abuse to feel superior,
Is it working for you?

We are ordinary people,
In a world build on stress
When we build walls around us
We end up in a mess

You need to listen alot.

I didn't first like PTDT because it didn't stand out that much, but the song is like one of the most agressive songs on the album, Vanishing light is good but it's just the awesome intro which makes it stand out, other parts are pretty much like all other shit on the album (which=nice stuff anyway).

Having recorded and performed a cover of PDT I certainly don't need to "listen a lot" thanks :D

It's a simple song, aggressive? Who cares, most of the songs on the album are to a point aggressive, that doesn't make it good. Lyrics are lame, too.

Saying that, it's all opinion so whatever, if you prefer PDT over VL that's your call. I just prefer VL.

I understand your point, and I don't think I will like PDT forever.

Oh btw. I think I'm slowly getting bored of (being) sleepless again.

I need to listen through Colony...and etc. I don't own the albums but I got the stuff from my friend about a year ago. These days I somehow much better can hear the interestingness in the songs, etc. Zombie inc and Bullet ride sounded pretty interesting, while a year ago they were just boring shit metal.
...I actually forgot what I was writing at first about. :lol:

1. Come Clatrity
2. Dead End
3. The Mirrors Truth
4. Take This Life
5. Acoustic Medley

1. December Flower
2. Episode 666
3. Stand Ablaze
4. Satellites & Astronauts
5. Resin
6. Behind Space
7. Jester Race & Jester Dance
8. Artifacts of Black Rain
9. Gyroscope
10. Worlds Within the Margin

1.Jester Script Transfigured, Recently discovered the greatness of this song.
2.The Jester Race
3.Resin, The growls..!!
4.Eraser, Probably my fav song from the whole ASOP&EP
5.Food For The Gods
6.Dead God In Me
7.F(r)iend live version from Used And Abused DVD, Also very nice growls.
8.Graveland
9.Lord Hypnos
10.Tilt
11.World Within The Margin, The powerful vocals is insane
Though this list changes pretty often..These ones are my favourites atm though

The Hive
Dead Eternity (Not the anders Version)
subterranean
Goliaths disarm there davids
artifacts of the black rain
Zombie Inc
Gyroscope

I do like all there albums and when i got each one new listened to it tons of times and learned all the damn words and stuff lol but the old ones are just better and these songs above i can listen to all day and never get bored, pretty much all there songs i enjoy to some degree though.

Atm...;

Stand Ablaze
Embody the invisible
Bullet ride
Zombie inc.
Dial...escape

Others;
The jester's dance
Graveland
Eraser
I'm the highway
etc...

1. The Quiet Place
2. The Mirrors Truth
3. Cloud Connected
4. Metaphor
5. Trigger
6. Dial 595-escape
7. Swim
8. My Sweet Shadow
9. Alias
10. Reflect The Storm

Metaphor, Jester Script Transfigured, Goliaths Disarm Their Davids, Dead Eternity, In Flames, Stand Ablaze, Versus Terminus, Evil In A Closet, Eraser, Ordinary Story, Embody The Invisible, Swim, Pinball Map ... there's way too many, I thoroughly enjoy almost every In Flames song! - oh, and this list is kind of an "at the moment" one, too.