• Return To Hanger

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • When

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sydo

Apr 13, 2001
VOTE FOR 3!

As there's been a bit of discussion regarding this album the past day or so, I was wondering what everything really thinks of it.
Personally I don't like it much. It's one of those CD's that doesn't suck, but in the end does nothing to keep my interest. :(

My favourite's from the album are
Disconnect - I used to hate this one. It's just sooo slooow, but I like it now.

Moto Psycho - I've always liked it. :)

Return To Hanger - Very cool, but about as un-original as they come.

Dread and The Fugitive Mind also rocks. :)
I used to think Burning Bridges was terrible, until they played it at the Melbourne concert. It went off! :headbang:
Recipe For Hate and 1000 Times Goodbye are ok.
The World Needs A Hero and Promises suck.

So what are your fav's?

I voted for:

1000 Times Goodbye (cool guitar solos and cool; chorus)

Promises (cool ballad and the acoustic guitar reminds me of Alice Cooper)

Dread And The Fugitive Mind (the best one hehe)

:D

Originally posted by The Trooper
I voted for:

Promises (cool ballad and the acoustic guitar reminds me of Alice Cooper)

And you call yourself METAL! pfftt:rolleyes:

I voted for Return To Hanger and Dread, the rest can go back to AOR hell as far as im concerned :D

Though Warhorse would rock if they cut that stupid 2 minute intro and just went straight to the good bit!

I should probably point out that even though I bag the s**t out of Megadeth, I DO like them, they ROCK live, but their recent albums are struggling to escape the piss poor tags in my opinion.

I cant wait for the DVD! Im gonna relive my Megadeth memories while I watch it! I just need to get a gorgeous woman to line up outside my bedroom with me before it starts :lol:

BTW Coops, is the Killing Is My Business remaster good? I always thought the production on that album was utter crap, would it be worth getting it? (If you have heard it yet?)

Wouldn't you prefer the woman inside your bedroom rather than outside??? I suspect you're hoping for someone... ooh say, 5'5"-5'8", dark hair, dark eyes, tight leather pants, from Perth and responds to the name Tania??? ;)

RE: Remaster
I've heard two tracks from it on knac.com :headbang: and I have to say it sounds pretty damn good. I actually ordered it last week from Amazon but it's still waiting to get shipped... I also ordered an Anthrax DVD. I'll let you know what it's like in a couple of weeks... hopefully it'll be here before easter.

Originally posted by Cooperman
I suspect you're hoping for someone... ooh say, 5'5"-5'8", dark hair, dark eyes, tight leather pants, from Perth and responds to the name Tania??? ;)

:D Mwahahaha, I guess hoping doesnt hurt :)

Ill probably end up getting the remaster anyway, but make sure you let me know what its like :D

Originally posted by spawn

BTW Coops, is the Killing Is My Business remaster good? I always thought the production on that album was utter crap, would it be worth getting it? (If you have heard it yet?)

I dont see whats so bad about the production on KIMB. Ok its not the best, but the rawness of the production really suits the music well imo. Besides the album rocks!!! :D

I heard a few songs from the live album on 3hop last night. Are some tracks taken from a different concert because Dave sounds really quite bad in some songs :) Most of them he sounds fine..but some, I think it was train of consequences, he just doesnt sound good at all :)

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
'Return to Hangar' is cool, but I don't think it is one of the better songs on TWNAH. :)

:eek:
Then you must tell us what you voted for..

Originally posted by Icarus

I heard a few songs from the live album on 3hop last night. Are some tracks taken from a different concert because Dave sounds really quite bad in some songs :) Most of them he sounds fine..but some, I think it was train of consequences, he just doesnt sound good at all :)

Yeah he didn't sound that great on Train of Consequences. I'm predicting Reckoning Day on the album will sound terrible too... that whole Youthanasia record was recorded in Eb but live they play them in E... he really strains to get up to those high notes.

I want to hear Trust! That ROCKED live! Ill be reliving the concert in no time!

Great minds do think alike, Icarus. I voted the same way. ;)

Megadeth fecking rocked in Melbourne. One of the best experiences of my life. The solos.........woah!